Feeling of Oneness (Apnapan) with God (Apr 2, 2012)

  • sadhak_insight@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2012

      Feeling of Oneness (Apnapan) with God

      Shree Hari
      2nd April, 2012, Monday
      Chaitra Shukla Dashami, Vikram Samvat 2069, Somvaar

      As such we are God's and this world is also God's; but when we want to seize it, possess it, when we want to consider it is ours, then we are trapped.  We hold the view that as many things and individuals that come under our privilege,  that much we will become great, we will become the master of those things and individuals; but such a notion is entirely wrong.   We become dependent on all that we consider as our own such as, the money, the family etc.  We become subordinate to that thing, those persons.  The misconception is that we have become their masters, but actually we become their slaves.  This is to be understood extremely well, not just to be heard and shared.  You yourself think about this!

      You endure so much worrying about those things, houses that you consider to be your own. Those that you do not believe to be your own,.  You have not the least concern or care about them.  You are affected by the associations and disassociations of the family that you believe to be your own.  However, those that you do not consider as your own, you are entirely unaffected by their association or disassociation.

      Similarly with money-wealth, land-properties and other possessions that you consider your own, the weight of responsibility of those things, its worries, its care and protection etc. rests on your shoulders.  But that which you do not consider to be your own, you are not bound by those things.  Think about this rationally.

      In this world, the few houses, few individuals, a little money (thousands, millions) that is there with you, you are bound by those houses, those people and that money.  That which you do not consider as your own, you are entirely free from those houses, people and money.   Thus you are mostly free in this life.  Only a little liberation is remaining!  Liberation is the name of becoming freed.  You are completely free from the money that you do not consider as your own.   You have no attachment to it.  You are unaffected by its gain or loss.  In other words, you remain in equanimity, whether it is gold, soil (mud, earth) or stone.   There is no affect on you whether it comes or goes.
      "Samloshthaashmakaanchanah (Gita 6/8).

      In this manner, in honor or dishonor; friend or foe if remain unaffected and in equanimity.

                                                 "Maanapamaanyogastulyastulyo mitraripekshyoh" (Gita 14/25).
       (To be continued)

      From "Bhagavaana se Apanaapana" in Hindi by Swami Ramsukhdasji
      If in doubt regarding the translation, please read the original Hindi message by Swamiji.
      FOR MESSAGE IN HINDI PLEASE VISIT Date : 2nd April, 2012 "Bhagavana se Apanaapana"
      TO PURCHASE A BOOK, VISIT THE ONLINE STORE –
      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.net/market.html
      IF YOU HAVE BENEFITED FROM THESE MESSAGES, KINDLY FORWARD TO OTHERS.
      To receive a daily message by email, send a blank email to