Who Are We Doing Everything For? (Nov 1, 2010)

  • sadhak_insight
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1 4:53 AM
      || Shree Hari ||
      Ram Ram

      1st November, 2010, Monday
      Kartik Krishna Dashami, Vikram Samvat 2067, Somvar

      Who Are We Doing Everything For?

      I beg you that you try to understand this point, and do not misuse
      it. It is a deep subject. And that is –

      There is nothing to do for our own self. "Our own" means "Swayam"
      (Self, Soul, Spirit, Aatma, Individual Consciousness), which is a
      part of Paramatama (Supreme Consciousness). In other words,
      consciousness requires nothing to be done for it self. Everything
      that has to be done is done due to affinity (relationship) with
      Nature (Prakriti). Apart from relationship with Nature, there
      remains nothing to be done. Therefore whatever is done, is all done
      for the body, senses, mind, intellect, the world and Bhagwaan (God);
      but for our own self, nothing has to be done – this is the Essence!.
      It is an extraordinary point.

      Whatever actions we undertake, those actions have a beginning and an
      end. We have no relation with that activity which has a beginning
      and an end; because the Self does not have a beginning or an end.
      For endless births this jeev (embodied soul) has been passing
      through, but it has not been born (without a beginning), nor has it
      died or been destroyed (without an end). This embodied soul is
      infinite and eternal. For this jeev, there is nothing to be done.
      What is done is only for the world.

      When there is a desire within that I wish to gain something, that
      thought is the cause of a relation. That which we have met and
      established a relation with, can never remain with us. I beg you to
      pay close attention to this point. Desire that we get anything,
      whether we get wealth, we get respect, we get knowledge, we get a
      high position, we get eligibility, all these things that we get,
      cannot remain with us. But Paramatma has been attained by everyone,
      and ever remains with everyone. Paramatma never separated from us.
      His absence is only felt due to not knowing Him. In any Country,
      any time zone, in any thing, in any individual, in any activity, in
      any incident, in any situation, in any circumstance, Paramatma
      not being present is not possible, it can never be possible.
      Paramatma ever remains at all times and He alone is to be
      attained. To take the support of that which comes and goes is a
      nonsensical thing. That body, those sense objects, that inner
      faculty, etc. are not of any use to us at all. To consider these
      for our selves is a big mistake. This subject needs to be
      understood very thoroughly and properly.

      (to be continued)

      From "Satsang ka Prasaad" in Hindi pg 17 by Swami Ramsukhdasji.

      Titled "Karma kiske liye? " November 1, 2010.

      P.S: Please pass on to friends and family. Remember ! There is no greater service to humanity than bringing another person closer to Truth, and you have that power in your hands right now.

      HINDI WEBSITE: www.swamiramsukhdasji.org
      ENGLISH WEBSITE: www.swamiramsukhdasji.net
      To gain clarification of doubt/issues send email to:
      To listen to discourses in Hindi:
      To read online spiritual books in various languages:
      Please visit facebook hindi and english messages by Swami Ramsukhdasji:
      To read Bhagavad Gita Sadhak Sanjivani online please visit:
      Subscribe: sadhaka-subscribe@yahoogroups.com