Greatness of Serving without Selfishness - 3 (Sep 2, 2010)

  • sadhak_insight
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2010

      || Shree Hari  ||

      Ram Ram

      WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY KRISHNA JANMASTHAMI. PLEASE CLICK ON LINK BELOW IN THE HINDI BLOG TO SEE A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE OF LORD KRISHNA'S DIVINE BIRTH

      HAPPY JANMASHTAMI!

      2nd September 2010, Thursday, Bhadrapad Krishna Navami, Guruvar
      Vikram Samvat 2067, Sri Krishna Samvaat 5236

      Greatness of Serving without Selfishness  - 3

      Whatever we have in our possession, we have received it all from the world.  This body and whatever is needed for it,  food, water, clothes, air, place to stay etc.,  we have received it from the world.  Even the richest of the rice, even the kings and great kings, cannot say that I can sustain without getting some form of service from others.  How can he?  If he walks on the streets, then was the street made by him?  If he rests under a tree, then was that tree planted by him?  If he drinks water somewhere, than was the well from which the water was obtained dug by him personally?  He will have to take from the world. He will have to accept dependency from someone and take.  Even the animals have to take, then what is the greatness in man's intellect?  If one has taken, then one has to give as well; one has to give even more than that which has been taken through dependency - this is the greatness of human intellect.  God has said -  "te praapnuvanti maameva sarvabhootahite ratah"  (Gita 12/4)  "Those men who are engrossed in the welfare of all beings, they attain Me only."  We must want to be engrossed in seeing to the welfare of all beings.  It is not in our hands that all can be benefited.  If the entire universe tries, then too they are unable to fulfill the desires of one individual, then how will one man fulfill the wishes of all beings?  It is man's duty that whatever things he has received, that he should generously offer for the well-being of others.  By doing so he will attain salvation.

      The more that a man is personally self-centered, to that extent he will be considered "lowly" in this world.  The one who is earning will only fill his own stomach,  he will consume the things only for himself, then he will not receive respect in his house or outside.  The more that he will give up his individual selfishness, the extent to which he serves, he will be considered good.  If he is not only the family's;  if he is also wanting to see to the well-being of the neighbors, then he is even better.  If not just the neighbors, but if he wants to see to the well-being of the entire community and town, then he will be better yet.  If not just the community and town, but if he desires the welfare of an entire state then he is further more better! If he wishes to see the welfare of demi-gods, animals, birds, trees, etc and all living beings the he is all the more better.  If he serves God, if he worship-engages in adoration-chants His holy Name-meditates, then he will become the best of all.   Just as by pouring water at the root of a tree, the entire tree automatically becomes green, similarly if at the root (base) of this tree of life, by remembrance and contemplation on God, by worship and adoration, the entire world is automatically served.

      The principle here is that the more pervasive the service is through a man, to that extent he will become good.  Whatever we have received, we have received from the world.  Therefore,  with great honesty one must engage it in the service of the world.  This is the "karma yoga" in the Gita.

      Narayana !  Narayana !  Narayana !

      Ram Ram

      From book in Hindi "Kalyaankari Pravachan" by Swami Ramsukhdasji

      TO READ MESSAGE IN HINDI PLEASE VISIT:

      http://www.satcharcha.blogspot.com

      Titled "Swaarthrahit Seva ka Mahattva - 3"   dated Aug 30, 2010.

      To gain clarification of doubt/issues send email to:
      gita-talk@yahoogroups.com
      For ENGLISHWEBSITE please visit:
      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.net
      To listen to discourses in Hindi:
      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijicontent/
      To read online spiritual books:
      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/
      To read all previous messages:
      Please visit facebook hindi and english messages by Swami Ramsukhdasji:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Swami-Ramsukhdasji/131344318720

      http://www.shriswamiramsukhdasjimaharaj.com/swamijiGeetaPravashand.html

      P.S:Please pass on to friends and family. Remember ! There is no greater service to humanity than bringing another person closer to Truth, and you have that power in your hands right now.