I Want to Only Walk This Path (June 3, 2009)

  • sadhak_insight
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2009
      : Shree Hari:

      Ram Ram

      3rd June, 2009, Wednesday; Jeshtha Shukla Dashami, Vikram Samvat 2066, Budhvaar

      I have received many amazing and extra-ordinary insights from the Bhagavad Gita, from the scriptures and from saints. I am sharing one of these insights with you today. All of you have mercy on me and pay close attention ! It is a very simple point, whereby one can make progress very quickly in their spiritual pursuits. One can can receive immense joy. All sorrow can be wiped out, once and for all. But for whom are these simple insights ? It is for those who desire their own spiritual benefit and growth. The greater the feeling, the intensity within - "Let me attain salvation," for him this point will be that much easier.

      One method is that we continue to do various spiritual practices step by step, and as we do, we continue to reach higher and higher states, and then we will realize that essential Truth (Knowledge of Self). Another method is such that we can be at the higher state from the very beginning, and it will not take so long. You wont have to put in so much effort, but the benefits will be immediate and extraordinary.

      On this subject God has said - A firmly rooted intellect with only one aim is of one type, while the intellect of an unsettled man is all over the place and dispersed (Gita 2:41). Gita also says - "Even the worst of worst sinners, if they worship me exclusively, then he should be considered an ascetic, because his aim and determination is good. (Gita 9:30). In this verse (Gita 9:30) it is also said "samyagvyavasitohi saha" means that "Now I want to only walk this path" whereby one makes this firm commitment and determination. Whether people complain, whether they criticize, whether wealth comes or goes, whether this body remains healthy or not, whether we live or we die, but I will remain firm on this aim. In this same way, in the "I-ness" if there is the inner expression that "I am only a seeker of divinity and truth" then spiritual practices will happen on their own.

      Let us accept our relationship with divinity and truth (God, Supreme Consciousness) from the very beginning - "I belong to God and God is mine". You may have heard this point many times, and I have said this many times, as well, but you all do not pay attention. I pray to you all that pay great attention to this point. I want to attain salvation and it is only for that purpose that I have come here, only for that purpose have I been born here, there is no other work that I have - let there be this one affirmation, one verdict, one decision. This is called intellect that is exclusively engaged "vyavasaatmikaa buddhi".  With such a determination and exclusive aim, even the worst of worst sinners can attain saint hood very quickly "shipram bhavati  dharamaatmaa". (Gita 9:31).

      From "Saadhan, Sudha, Sindhu" in Hindi pg 731 by Swami Ramsukhdasji

      Ram Ram

      For ENGLISH WEBSITE please visit: http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.net
      For full online discourses in Hindi:
      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org
      To gain clarification of doubt/issues to:
      gita-talk@yahoogroups.com
      To read online spiritual books:
      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/
      To read all previous messages:
      P.S: Please pass on to friends and family. Remember ! There is no
      greater service to humanity than bringing another person closer to
      God, and you have that power in your hands right now
      Unsubscribe: