Key Obstacles in God Realization - Egoism and Lack of Exclusivity

  • sadhak_insight
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2009

      30th April, 2009, Thursday
      Baisaakh Shukla Shasthi, Vikram Samvat 2066, Guruvaar

      :Shree Hari:
      Ram Ram

      Best of all and the easiest of all spiritual practices, and one of great importance is "sharanagati" (taking refuge in God). It is only difficult, as long as there is egoism about anything in us.  Egoism about our strength, our heritage / family, our organization / group, our position, or wealth, our properties, our abilities, our knowledge,  etc. If there is no egoism about anything, then surrendering to God will be very simple. When we hold on to anything e.g. we are very capable in this and that, then that is considered  egoism. But when there is no egoism, then the task is simple.

      Just like when you fall asleep, you gently and effortlessly ease into sleep.   There is no effort at all.  Similarly God Realization is as easy for one who has exclusively surrendered to God.  Also, if there is dependence on something else, then realization will take time. Therefore the Lord has declared in the Gita -

      "Ananyachetaah satatam yo maam smriti nityasha.
      Tasyaaham sulabh paarth nityayuktasya yoginah." (Gita 8:14)

      "O Partha (son of Kunti)! The Yogi who perpetually thinks of Me and
      undividedly remains absorbed in Me, to him, I am easily attainable." (Gita 8:14)"

      A great Soul "Mahatmaa" is rare to attain, but
      God is easily attainable "sulabh."

      When there is no dependence on anything else besides God, then realization is very simple. God has clearly said in Gita 8:14, that He is "sulabh", very simple to attain Me. God is present every where, therefore God is even easier to attain than a saint / a great soul. The only thing needed is
      "ananya bhaava" "exclusivity in inner expression."

      From - Sharanagati CD Series - 1 in Hindi by Swami Ramsukhdasji

      Ram Ram
      For ENGLISH WEBSITE please visit: http://www.swamiramsukhdasji. net
      For full online discourses in Hindi: http://www.swamiramsukhdasji. org
      To gain clarification of doubt/issues to: gita-talk@yahoogroups.com
      To read online spiritual books: http://www.swamiramsukhdasji. org/swamijibooks/
      To read all previous messages: http://groups. yahoo.com/group/sadhaka/
      P.S: Please pass on to friends and family. Remember ! There is no
      greater service to humanity than bringing another person closer to
      God, and you have that power in your hands right now
      Unsubscribe: sadhaka-unsubscribe @yahoogroups. com