Accept Any Relationship You Like with God (Sep 2, 2008)

  • sadhak_insight
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2008
      :Shree Hari:

      2nd September, 2008, Tuesday
      Bhadrapad Shukla Tritiya, Vikram Samvat 2065, Mangalvaar

      Whatever relationship you accept with Bhagwaan, God too is prepared
      and willing to accept the same relationship. Whatever sentiments
      easily and simply come to you, those sentiments itself you should
      accept. In the Vinaya Partikaa (letter of courtesy), Tulasidasji
      says -

      Tu dayaalu deen haun, Tu daani mein bhikaari
      Haun prasiddh paatikee, Tu paap - punjahaari
      Naath Tu anaath ko, anaath kaun moso
      Mo samaan aarat nahin, aaratihar toso"

      "O Lord,
      If You are merciful, I am forlorn; if You are charitable, I am a
      If You are destroyer of the heaps of sins, I am a great sinner;
      If You are the Father of orphans, I am an orphan and
      If You are the remover of distress, I am distress."

      Tohin mohi naate anek, maaniye jo bhaavai
      Jyon-jyon Tulasi kripaalu ! charan-saran paavai.

      "O gracious, accept any relationship which you like. Change your
      sentiments towards Bhagwaan (God). Consider Bhagwaan to be Bhagwaan,
      or if you like accept Him as your beloved. Whatever sentiments
      appear to be sweet, accept the same sentiments with him.

      Question: Can I accept God as my mother, because I like that
      relationship ?
      Answer: Yes, you can call Paramatma, mother. There is no
      distinction of male or female in Paramatma. In Prabodha-Sudhaakara,
      Sri Sankaracaryaji Maharaja, the annotator of Vedanta has called Lord
      Krsna as mother. So call Paramatma mother, if that invokes a special
      sentiment and love. If your mind remains engaged then call Bhagwaan
      mother, or father, or brother, whatever name appears sweet, whatever
      relationship appears sweet.

      Your mind may be diverted so long as you have not accepted your
      relationship with Him. But once you fix the relationship in your
      mind, your mind will not be diverted from Him. For example when you
      talk about the selection of a husband for your daughter, she listens
      to the conversation regarding various boys, but once it is decided
      who is her life partner, once the relationship is fixed, she will
      only pay close attention, when the conversation is about her future
      husband, not about the other boys. Similarly if you decide your
      relationship with God and have your only aim to attain Him, you will
      develop a great liking, a fondness for Him, and then your mind will
      not be diverted.

      "Hamey kyaa kaam duniyaa se, hamey Sri Krsna pyaare hai
      Yashodaa nand ke nandan mere aankhon ke taare hai."

      Then without caring for the worldly relationship, Lord Krsna will
      become the apple of your eye. You will develop the feeling "Only God
      is mine, and I am only His."

      From "Jivan Upyogi Pravachan" in Hindi - pg 80 by Swami Ramsukhdasji.

      For full online discourses in Hindi, please visit Swami
      Ramsukhdasji's website. http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org
      To gain clarification on related issues, please send your doubt /
      issues to: gita-talk@yahoogroups.com
      To read online spiritual books, please visit:
      To read all previous messages, please visit:
      P.S: Please pass on this message to whomever you think would benefit
      from the same