Our Oneness is Only with God (Jan 1, 2008)

  • Sadhak
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      :Shree Hari:

      1st January, 2008, Monday
      Paush Krishna Navami, Vikram Samvat 2064, Somvar

      The truth is that everything that is received, will separate from us. How can we continue to depend on that which we have received but will soon part from us? Our attachment and dependence on these is a problem. Improper use of the things received leads to development of desire and attachment. Let us utilize the things we have received properly. Proper use is where there is no desire for anything from it. The main cause of improper use of the received things / people is desiring something for yourselves from it.

      The truth of the matter is that everything that we have received, belongs to the World and therefore it must be used for the benefit of the World. To benefit all, to serve all as it belongs to the World. It is our ignorance that makes it appear as though these people and things belong to us. By believing that our oneness is with the World, we develop egoism and attachment. Simply speaking, these things that we have are not ours, they are leaving us every minute and so very fast. So fast that we cannot even see them exactly the same, twice.

      Considering our oneness with the World is egoism. Our childhood left us and everything else is leaving us constantly, every moment. They do not stay with us for a single minute. But the Self is with us at all times. So why dependent on that which never with us. Therefore God has said in the Gita "Mamekum sharam vraja" Leave all other dependencies and become free of all worries and remain ever joyful. Unhappiness and sorrow will not come to you ever again. Gita 6:22 says - On attaining That there is nothing else greater to be attained. There is nothing else besides That Essence (God). God is ever present, in all places, situations, circumstances, time, etc. Our oneness is with God, and not the world. Our oneness is only with God (Supreme Consciousness).

      From "Sharanagati CD Series - 1" in Hindi by Swami Ramsukhdasji

      Ram Ram

      For full online discourses in Hindi, please visit Swami Ramsukhdasji's website.

      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org
      To gain clarification on related issues, please send your questions to:
      gita-talk@yahoogroups.com
      To read online spiritual books, please visit:
      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/
      To read all previous messages, please visit:
      P.S: Please pass on this message to whomever you think would benefit from the same