Detachment from Transient Unreality, Leads to Self Realization (Dec 1, 2007)

  • Sadhak
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007
      :Shree Hari:

      1st December, 2007, Saturday
      Margshirsh Krishna Saptami, Vikram Samvat 2064, Shanivar

      The Self (I) has no relationship with the body or with the world. The Self (I) is immortal. Tulsadasji has declared in the Ramcharitramanasa - "The soul (Self) being a part of God is immortal". From time immemorable, the Self remains the same, though the body is born and dies again and again. The body is impermanent; while the Self is permanent. Our detachment from the transient body is permanent. Therefore if we consider our Self as detached from the body, then we will realize that we are already established in God.

      Sometimes family members get into a fight (arguement). The mother tells her son, not to fight with his sister. She says that the sister's stay in the home is temporary, as after marriage she will be living with her husband. Similarly, the existence of the body and wordly things is only transient and will totally cease to exist one day. Therefore we should accept the truth. Just as we lovingly bring up our daughter and provide her with food, clothes and other necessities, we should likewise serve the world to the best of our ability.

      The road to God Realization lies in rooting out our desires and detaching ourselves from the physical body and worldly things. By detaching ourselves from the attachment to transient unreality, we shall attain God (Self) Realization instantly.

      From "Let Us Know the Truth" in Hindi pg 33 by Swami Ramsukhdasji

      Ram Ram

      For full online discourses in Hindi, please visit Swami Ramsukhdasji's website.

      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org
      To gain clarification on related issues, please send your questions to:
      gita-talk@yahoogroups.com
      To read online spiritual books, please visit:
      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/
      To read all previous messages, please visit:
      P.S: Please pass on this message to whomever you think would benefit from the same