The Tendencies and Behaviors are Not the Devotee's (September 1, 2007)

  • Sadhak
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2007
      :Shree Hari:

      1st September, 2007, Saturday
      Sravana Krishna Chaturthi, Vikram Samvat 2064, Shanivar

      A devotee who has taken refuge in God (sharanagat bhakt) has the inner feeling of "I am God's and God is mine"

      If he holds this sentiment deeply and firmly, and accepts it, then all worries, fear, distress, doubt and knots of infinite flaws will be wiped off. Rather the dependence on your mistakes is cut off. Because from the perspective of "devotion", flaws remain due to facing away from God.

      In the initial stage of turning towards God, the devotee is inclined to depending on this world and this body, but this will be completely wiped out, on having established a firm relationship with Him .

      So, what does it mean to have a firm relationship ? Not having any worries, fear, distress, doubt, testing and contrary feelings itself, is having a firm relationship with God. Let us contemplate on the first points.

      1) To be Free of Worries - When a devotee takes those things that he considers his own and along with them, he surrenders himself to God, then he has absolutely no worries of this world or beyond. Not one bit. How life and livelihood will be sustained? Where to live? What will be my state ? What will be the situation ? etc such worries will be completely wiped out.

      After having surrendered to God, the devotee has one thought "if my life has not become as beautiful and pure, then where have the characteristics of true devotees come into my life ? That is, they have not come; because my tendencies are not OK. In reality to consider the natural tendencies, behavior etc as "Mine" is itself a grave mistake. The tendencies and behavior are not at fault. The mine-ness with the Mind, Intellect, organs of senses, this body etc, is the main mistake; because when I have taken refuge in God and surrendered everything to Him, then this mind, intellect, etc how have they remained mine?

      Therefore a devotee who has taken refuge in God should not worry about the impurity of the mind, intellect etc. In other words, my tendencies are not OK - such feelings should never be brought in to the mind.

      From "Sharanagati" book in Hindi pg 12-13 by Swami Ramsukhdasji

      Ram Ram

      For full online discourses in Hindi, please visit Swami Ramsukhdasji's website.

      To gain clarification on related issues, please send your questions to:
      To read online spiritual books, please visit:
      To read all previous messages, please visit:
      P.S: Please pass on this message to whomever you think would benefit from the same

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?