Be Like the Sky; Be Like the Traveller (Mar 1, 2007)

  • Sadhak
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2007
      :Shree Hari:

      Falgun Shukla Trayodashi, Vikram Samvat 2063, Guruvar
      1st March, 2007, Thursday

      Ram Ram

      Remember these points:

      I am God's and God is mine.
      I am no one else's and no one else is Mine and
      I do not desire anything from anyone.
      Accept these with a firm determination. This requires no effort and you are totally independent in accepting this. Accept this and become entirely independent. There will be no dependence on anything foreign thereafter. Accept and attain complete repose - Supreme repose. Everlasting Stillness ! (Param Vishraam).

      Gita 18:17 is very beautiful, the gist of it is that the doership is merely assumed. It is nature that does everything and undergoes all the modifications, whereas the Self, the Illuminator, remains unchanged and unaffected under all circumstances. All actions, as well as, their fruit, appear and disappear, while the Self, the Illuminator ever remains uniform. There is no action in the Self. No doership in the Self. Let us rectify any mistake in our understanding. Knowing this a spiritual aspirant must remain detached and untainted. Remain established in the Self alone. There should be no attachment to anything. Let us be like the sky - that ever remains unaffected. Let us be like a traveller - not attached to anyone or anything along the path.

      The day you offer your daughter's hand in marriage, from that day onwards all worries come to an end. It is the same when you accept - I am God's and no one else's. Accept once and for all, I am God's and God is Mine and I do not desire anything from anyone. All I desire is that day and night I engage in God and God alone. Once and for all become God's. The minute the sun rises everything is illumed, similarly by just accepting that I am God's, all illumination will happen naturally. Call out to him with a simple, straightforward heart - I am Yours.

      From Discourses (combined) by Swami Ramsukhdasji in 2004.

      Ram Ram

      For full online discourses in Hindi please visit www.swamiramsukhdasji.org
      To gain clarification on the topic discussed in these daily messages, please
      send your questions to: gita-talk@yahoogroups.com
      To read online spiritual books, please visit:
      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/
      To read all previous messages, please visit:
      P.S: Please pass on this message to whomever you think would benefit from the
      same.