Wherever your Mind is, become Still Right There (Feb 1, 2007)

  • Sadhak
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007
      :Shree Hari:

      Maagh Shukla Chaturdashi, Vikram Samvat 2063, Guruvar
      1st February, 2007, Thursday

      Ram Ram

      Gist: God pervades everywhere, therefore wherever your mind is, become still right there. Wherever you are, there God is entirely there with you. Do not establish a relation with the thoughts that arise. You (Self) are different from your thoughts, therefore remain indifferent to these thoughts. Understand that inspite of doing all the work, there is nothing that you are doing. God IS. Realize this and experience eternal peace.

      Wherever your mind is, become still right there

      "Aatmasamstham manah krtvaa, na kincidapi chintayet" (Gita 6:25) God pervades everywhere; He is present everywhere, therefore wherever your mind is, become still right there. By becoming still, you will become established in God. By thinking, you are in the world. But by not thinking about anything, you are naturally in God. Do not to think of anything at all, and where there are no thoughts, there God IS. Become still right there, because on becoming still, you will realize Him. Do not think even of God, as He is everywhere. If some other thoughts come to mind, do not be concerned about it. Let them be. Just like when you walk on a street, many things come your way, but it is of no concern to you. Similarly, do not let those thoughts concern you. By not thinking of anything, you will naturally be established in God.

      God is everywhere, so wherever your mind becomes still, there God is hundred percent, completely. Do not think or do not worry about why you have these thoughts. Remain indifferent (udaasin). If the thoughts come on their own, do not be concerned. Whether these thoughts come, or they do not come, simply do not establish a relationship with them. Be silent, be peaceful. It is only through thoughts and thinking that one becomes aware of this world. If you do not do any thinking of anything, you will not be in this world. i.e. by not thinking, you will stay established in God.

      You (Self) are different from your thoughts. Just like when you are thinking of a dog, what difference does it make to you? Do not think of it as good or bad. Do not concern yourself with why you are thinking about this? This is a great practice. Break the relationship with your thoughts, because by relating with the thoughts, we become established in the world. God is present everywhere. He is all pervading, and not even an eye of a needle is without His presence. If thoughts do arise, then too it is OK, as we have nothing at all to do with these thoughts. This is a very great spiritual practice and if you understand this, then you will understand that inspite of doing all the work, there is nothing that you are doing. "Ahankar vimudhaatma, karataa ni karomiti ..." God is present everywhere. Rise above and become indifferent.

      Don't think of anything. Be aware of this at all times that I do not do anything. Realize that while doing all work, that all is happening in nature, let us simply not get caught up or pay attention to it. Just like in this world, there are many things that are going on, but we have no relation with anything that is happening. Chanting of God's name, meditation, killing, riots, someone is getting married, someone is giving birth, someone is dying, someone is fighting, some one is loving, some are happy, some are is singing and dancing, but what have we to do with all this? I (Self) does nothing. We have nothing to do with all this. Wherever you are, there God is entirely there with you. God IS. Realize "I am doing nothing", "nai kinchit karomi ti." We have no relation with any work that is taking place. What is it to do with us? What have we to do with all of this. "Payo param vishraam" "Attain eternal peace" Just like after working an entire day, we become tired and go
      to sleep, similarly become still, rest ! Vishraam! God's essence is realized in complete stillness.

      From discourse by Swami Ramsukhdasji in Hindi on May 22nd, 2004 at 5:00 am.

      Ram Ram

      For full online discourses in Hindi please visit www.swamiramsukhdasji.org
      To gain clarification on the topic discussed in these daily messages, please
      send your questions to: gita-talk@yahoogroups.com
      To read online spiritual books, please visit:
      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/
      To read all previous messages, please visit:
      P.S: Please pass on this message to whomever you think would benefit from the
      same.