I am Only God's and Only God is My Very Own (January 1, 2007)

  • Sadhak
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2007
      :Shree Hari:

      Paush Shukla Trayodashi, Vikram Samvat 2063, Somvaar
      1st January, 2007 Monday

      Ram Ram

      Gist: Serve the World with this body and this mind. But know with certainty that we are only God's and only God is our very own. Have complete faith and trust in Him alone. Leave everything entirely to Him and once and for all stop worrying. Understand that everything is His divine play and experience the oneness with Him. Our life becomes His worship. Everything we do is for God. Knowing this, remain joyous at all times. This inner expression (bhava) of oneness with God is most important and even greater than japa.

      I am Only God's and Only God is My Very Own

      What I am about to say is very important and a very special point. We are God's (part of HIS Consciousness) and believe this! We are only God's. Serve the World with this body and with this mind. But know with certainty that only God is our very own. We may consider Him our father, our mother, our Guru (Spiritual Teacher), our chella (disciple) etc., but simply know that only He is ours and we are His. This is a great, a very special point. Have faith and trust entirely in Him alone. Leave everything to Him and completely stop worrying.

      Everything is His divine play. Favorable and unfavorable situations, all situations are only His play (lila). He Himself is present in all these divine plays. Understanding this point will benefit us immensely. It is all only Him. Therefore experience this oneness with Him. Simply by considering everything as His play, we will feel at peace. Understanding this, become indifferent from this World. How does it matter to us? Love is His lila (divine play), marriage is His lila, death is His lila, every situation and encounter are all His lila. It is all his divine play (lila). Simply be aware of His lila and know with certainty that "I am God's and only God is mine. I am only His." "Mameva ansh" (Gita 15:7). God says – "you are my very own part" However we are, whether we are sinners or angels, good or bad, simply know - We are God's.

      In God's kingdom there is no one else that has our spot. How ever many there are in His kingdom, however we are, our place, our spot is only for us. Our spot will be empty without us. Knowing this, remain joyous at all times. Even if someone dies, then too remain joyful, as that too is alright, because everything is His lila. As part of this divine lila, Lord Rama too cried desperately in His search for Sitaji, when Ravana abducted her. What a divine play this is ! (It is all His Lila).

      For everything else, simply say - "Jai Rama ji ki" as it will all pass away. Remain very firm on the point that – "I am only God's and only God is mine" God is mother and father "Tameva mataa chha pitaa taameva." Knowing this rejoice !! Experience the joy of this human birth which was given to us by His grace. "Sab mama priye, sab mama upajaaye," "All are dear to Me" says the Lord. Become firm on this point - I am only God's.
      Worldly happiness is a storehouse of sorrow. "Aisaa abhimaan jaaye nahi bhore; mein sewak, Raaghupati pati mohre." There is no one greater than God, no one is even like God, never was and never shall be. Understanding this, remain in bliss ! Rejoice ! There will be nothing but auspiciousness.

      However I am, I am God's. I cannot be anyone elses. This feeling itself is a worship and devotion of God. By this acceptance, by just once accepting that we are His very own, then every aspect of our life becomes His worship. Everything we do, is for God. Coming, going, living, eating, whatever it is that we do, we are doing His work after becoming His very own. We are "Ishvar ansh jeev avinaashi chetan amal sahaj sukhhraashi". The only thing important is our inner expression (bhava). At all times, let us remain happy, let us remain joyous (anand). Even in sleep, be happy and feel the oneness with God. Remember that it is the feeling of oneness with God that is even greater than japa. (constant name recitation of God) Experience this oneness with God. This is God's immense grace that is flowing on us. This is so very simple, so straightforward. Become God's.

      From Discourse by Swami Shri Ramsukhdasji Maharaj on May 16th, 2005 at 3:30 pm at Gita Bhawan, Rishikesh, India.

      Ram Ram

      For full online discourses in Hindi please visit www.swamiramsukhdasji.org
      To gain clarification on the topic discussed in these daily messages, please
      send your questions to: gita-talk@yahoogroups.com
      To read online spiritual books, please visit:
      http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/
      To read all previous messages, please visit:
      P.S: Please pass on this message to whomever you think would benefit from the
      same.