I am only God's, Only God is Mine (1.8.06)

  • Sadhak
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      : Shree Hari :

      Shravan Shukla Sasthi, Vikram Samvat 2063, Somvar
      1st August, 2006

      Gist of the pravachan given by Swami Ramsukhdasji on 31.7.2003 at 5 a.m.
      The essence of all the spiritual teachings is - "I am only God's and only God is mine. This body and this world are not mine. Nothing in this world will remain with me. But only God will always remain with me. That which does not stay with me, simply leave (detach from) it. And that which remains, simply Accept it. There is nothing more to be done for our self. Our only work is to serve the world and do God's work.

      I am only God's, Only God is Mine

      It has been written in the scriptures, that the essence of all the teachings is - "I am only God's and only God is mine. This body and this world are not mine." It is the be all and end all of all the teachings.

      This body will not stay with us, just like respect, honor, criticism, joy, sorrow all do not not stay with us. No individual, or object, or things or activity will remain with us. This is the divine nectar of all teachings. If we accept this, say "Yes" to this Truth. Just once with a simple, straightforward heart, accept that everything that comes and goes, anything that meets and later departs, anything with a beginning that will eventually end, is not ours. Accept that "I am only God’s and only God is my very own, and I am no one else's, and no one else is mine." This is the essence ! the Nectar !

      This world will not remain with us, it never was with us, at present it is not with us, and in the future too it will not stay with us. But God always was with us, is with us at this very moment, and He will always remain with us. God will never leave us.
      In Ramcharitramanasa it is said "Ishvar Ansh Jeev Avinaashi Chetan Amal Sahaj Sukhraashi." One has to simply accept this with a simple, straight forward heart, and a firm resolution (drdhataah). Having taken refuge in God, in Him alone, now there is nothing more to be done for our selves. Our only work is to serve the world and do God's work. There is not even the least bit that we have to do for our selves. Just like our little girl when she gets married, there is nothing more to be done in that relationship with the husband. She naturally and automatically assumes the role of a wife. We have to believe in God, know the world and serve others. This is the quintessence of all the scriptures.

      Our sight is on this world, even though only God is ours. Even the subtlest aspect of this body is not ours. Only God is ours. My only relationship is with God. This body's relationship is with the world and my relationship is with God. I am only God’s. All work will be completed with perfection on accepting this. Attainment of Bliss, will be automatic. All that is to be attained will be attained and all that is to be renounced will automatically come to an end. This means that all that is to be attained, such as devotion, knowledge, perfect bliss will be attained. There will be nothing more to be done for the Self. Rather, what is to be done for the Eternal, Indestructible (Avinashi) ? Therefore become established in God and thereafter be without doubt, without fears, without worries and without regrets. There is no need for discrimination (vivek). All will come to an end. Human life will become perfect and successful. The Self being a part of God’s, will
      merge with God and the body being of the same elements as the World, will merge with the world.

      Even if we do not accept this, this body and this world will surely leave us. It will not stay with us. Therefore let us accept that which is true. Gita says - “Nasato vidhyete bhava” (Gita 2:17). The Real never ceases to be. Any religion that is practiced, is fine, but simply accept this Truth. In God realization we are neither dependent, nor are we weak. There is only an appearance of dependence, but we are totally independent. In due time, it will all be clear, because this is the Essence. Wherever we are, in whatever country, there God is completely and perfectly present. So far nothing in the world has remained with us. That which does not stay with us, simply leave it. And that which remains, simply Accept. It is not to be learned, it is simply to be accepted. That which was to leave, will definitely leave and that which is there always, will remain with us always. God is eternally ours, since time immemorable, whether we accept it or not. World
      however much you do for it, try to acquire it, it will simply not remain with us. Therefore let us "Accept" today, at this very moment that - Besides God, no one else is mine, and I am no one elses, besides God’s.

      Ram Ram

      To listen to pravachan in Hindi, please go to: http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijicontent/2003/1-5-2003_21-8-2003/cdrom/html/samagra.php and select July 31st, 5;00 a.m

      To gain clarification on the topic discussed in these daily messages, please
      send your questions to: gita-talk@yahoogroups.com

      For full pravachans in Hindi please visit www.swamiramsukhdasji.org

      To read online spiritual books, please visit http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/

      To read all previous messages, please visit:

      P.S: Please pass on this message to whomever you think would benefit from the
      same.