What is a true Spiritual Guide (Guru) like? (1.3.2006)
- Shree Hari
Gist: He has deep knowledge of three yogas and realization of the true nature of things. In in his association all doubts are dispelled, bad qualities are eradicated, longing for ultimate aim is deeply intensified and joy and peace prevails. He does not expect anything from the spiritual aspirants and is only working for their salvation.
What is a true Guru like?
In those Gurus, Saints and Great Souls is seen the following -
1. Appears to be filled with true wisdom, seems to know the real nature of things and in whom is seen the kind of transcendental divinity and remarkableness that is not seen in anyone else.
2. Has deep knowledge of the core essence of the three spiritual disciplines - Path of Action (Karmayog), Path of Knowledge (jnanayog) and Path of Devotion (bhaktiyog) etc
3. Through whose association (satsangs) and assurances, all doubts that are in the aspirant's hearts are dispelled on their own, even without uttering a single word.
4. By staying in whose presence, joy and peace is experienced.
5. Seems to have an association with the spiritual aspirants only for their benefit and for their salvation.
6. Does not expect anything from the aspirant, even the slightest bit.
7. Whose each and every wish and aspiration is simply for the benefit of the spiritual seeker.
8. In whose company, intense longing, focus and direction towards the ultimate aim is intensified of its own accord.
9. In whose company, from face to face meetings, from lectures, through contemplation etc., evil and bad qualities are eradicated on their own, and good qualities, good behavior, divinity naturally and effortlessly prevail.
From "Saccha Guru Kaun Hai?" by Swami Ramsukhdasji
To read online in Hindi, "Saccha Guru Kaun Hai?" please go to "Sadhan, Sudha, Sindhu"; SECTION Sarvopyogi # 99, on page #748:
To read online books in English, please visit:
To read all previous daily messages, please visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sadhaka/
P.S: Please pass on this message to whomever you think would benefit from the same.
Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]