You Are Here For A Special Purpose (1.1.2006)

  • Gita Prapann Parivar
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005
      :Shree Hari:

      Paush Shukla Pratipada, Vikram Samvat 2062, Ravivar
      1st January, 2006, Sunday
      Ram Ram

      Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year. Recognise the purpose of (human) life and fulfil it. This is the most important thing for all.

      Gist of the pravachan given by Swami Ramsukhdasji on 14.4.1994 at 5 a.m:
      The union with the world is transient. It cannot remain and will not remain. We are here for a special purpose - for attainment of God - and for serving others. This is the most important thing in the human life. All other work is secondary. Do first what you have come here for. If this work is not completed, it will be a great loss. Do not be a loser - do what you have come here for. Only God is yours - only His union is constant - nothing else is yours - nothing else will remain with you.
      You Are Here For A Special Purpose

      It is in our mind that we have come here (for satsang) and we will go from here. It should be the same feeling at our homes also. We have come here for attainment of God, for His love. We are not like animals. Humans have a special responsibility. We have to do what we have specifically come here for. We have not come here to stay.We have come here for our salvation. Human life is received by God's Grace. We have come here and have to go.

      This feeling that we want to stay here is what does not let us do bhajan. We are not going to stay here permanently and no one knows how long one is going to stay. There is no fixed time for one to go. You can go at any time. Do what you have come here for. The rule of the world is come and go. The separation of the world is constant and the union with God is constant. Your feeling should be like when you meet a traveller. Stay here like a manager, not the owner.

      Do not forget God. Always remember God. We have come here for a special job. Always be careful. Always remember God. Your breath is going. Sow seeds of God's name in it. Like you do not go to the field to rest, you go to sow seeds. So here also do not waste time - do what you have come here for. Remember God all the time. Learn how to make your time useful here. This is a school for making your life fruitful. Two things specifically for humans - (i) Serving others and (ii) remembering God. And a better thing is making others remember God. Apply yourself where there is benefit, and make others apply themselves.

      This is what is important in the human life. You do not get this warning in other lives. Let everyone benefit. This has to be learnt here. No anger, greed, etc. This is a school for spirituality. Carefulness is saadhan. Always be aware. No breath should go waste. If one breath goes without remembering Him, it is wasted. So always be aware. If you died at that moment - what a great loss it would be.

      All other work is secondary - importance is of this work. Always take His name. Soldiers are doing various works - but as soon as the bugle is blown, all are ready. We do not know when the bugle of death will blow - always be aware - always remember God. He IS. He is ours. Mirabai's principle is very good - Only God is mine, there is no other. This is the truth - it is a fact. The one who accepts this is Mirabai.

      Body, family, wealth, country, all this will separate. Only God's union is constant.

      Ram Ram

      For full pravachans in Hindi please visit www.swamiramsukhdasji.org

      P.S: Please pass on this message to whomever you think would benefit from the same.
      Email your comments/questions to sadasya@...