[sacredlandscapelist] Find the Magic Square Number

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2000
      Below are the magic square numbers and their attributions to the
      planets. Does anyone recognize any of these numbers from astrology,
      astronomy, ancient texts, musical tuning theory, the proportions of
      buildings, sacred geometry, mathematics, physics, architecture, art
      history? Anywhere?

      Planet
      side of square
      boxes in square
      sum of any symmetrical group of four boxes
      sum of any line - horizontal, vertical, diagonal
      sum of perimeter values of the square
      sum of the entire square

      saturn 3 - 9 - xx - 15 - 40 - 45

      jupiter 4 - 16 - 34 - 34 - 102 - 136

      mars 5 - 25 - 52 - 65 - 208 - 325

      sun 6 - 36 - 74 - 111 - 370 - 666

      venus 7 - 49 - 100 - 175 - 600 - 1225

      mercury 8 - 64 - 130 - 260 - 910 - 2080

      moon 9 - 81 - 164 - 369 - 1312 - 3321

      Thanks for your help,

      Dan W.
    • CG
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2000
        given are insufficient for proper analysis. What in fact ARE the component
        numbers of the squares themselves? The values sent out to the group are
        useful, but they are in need of a context, i.e. the magic square itself.
        Not knowing these I am at a loss.

        .:||||||||:.
        ICQ #: 52195061 / \ E-Mail: canuck@...
        ( o o )
        -----------@@@@----------: :----------@@@@---------------------
        `--'

        ... But if we laugh with derision, we will never understand. Human
        intellectual capacity has not altered for thousands of years so far as
        we can tell. If intelligent people invested intense energy in issues
        that now seem foolish to us, then the failure lies in our understanding
        of their world, not in their distorted perceptions. Even the standard
        example of ancient nonsense -- the debate about angels on pinheads --
        makes sense once you realize that theologians were not discussing
        whether five or eighteen would fit, but whether a pin could house a
        finite or an infinite number.
        -- S. J. Gould, "Wide Hats and Narrow Minds"