Re: Mothman & The Thunderbird ....

  • wrayevelyn
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2008
      I am experiencing the most peculiar pheno from this post.
      It is kindred to experiences I have with words in book.
      For example: I have an event in my life that is later talked about
      in a book ,I am reading. Or, I read something in a book and later I
      have an event that is like in life.
      Here is what is happening, I have been 'seeing' Mothman. Now, this
      isn't the seven foot scarey Mothman. These are mini Mothmen, HA! And
      it is mostly the Mothman EYES. What I see are the Eyes of The
      Thunderbird Mothman. The two eyes are exact to the 'Spacing of the
      Eyes of the Mothman Thunderbird'. This is the first and only time I
      have tryed to find words for this experience so this is a bit tricky.
      Since I am a Rainmaker when I saw the picture of the posted
      Thunderbird mothman I thought, hey that is simply another version of
      the Thunderbeing rainmaker from ancients, I know. I was unafraid bc
      it was familiar to me.
      Then I started SEEING THOSE EYES SEEING back at me in the day to
      day!!!!!!!!! In the dirt on the ground, lots of different places.
      Like I said, the spacing of the two peering eyes is exact and very
      piercing. You would know if you saw them. Trust me.
      I even saw a little mini Mothman in shadow ascend outside my east
      window one night or it was a strange flying bat, LOL bc it rose up
      instead of flew away.
      What do you make of this?

      --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, Lynda Brasier
      <susoni@...> wrote:
      > stevie
      > Mothman & The Thunderbird
      > ( Could They be One in the Same ? )
      > Mothman History:
      > The Mothman is one of the strangest and most terrifying of
      anomalous creatures ever to be recorded in America. Between November
      12, 1966 and December 15, 1967, it terrorized citizens in the Point
      Pleasant area of West Virginia. It was said to have been encountered
      by at least 100 people over the course of that year.
      > According to author John A. Keel (The Mothman Prophecies, 1975)
      who was on hand investigating the reports during the time of the
      sightings, the creature was reported to be roughly man-shaped, either
      grey or brown, and between five and seven feet tall. Its body was
      wider than a man's. It did not appear to have a head, but rather
      its "eyes" were set on the upper chest. These "eyes" were very large,
      and alternately described as glowing red lights, or a reflected red
      like a bicycle reflector.
      > When it walked it shuffled on what appeared to be human-like legs.
      Rather than arms it had bat-like wings which it did not flap. It was
      always seen to glide. The non-flapping of the wings, even in ascent,
      is particularly disturbing. Indeed, it was reported to regularly
      ascend straight up like a helicopter - and again be it noted, without
      any wing-action. In flight it emitted a humming sound. Occasionally
      it was heard to emit a screeching sound something like a woman
      screaming. (This "woman screaming" sound is common among anomalous
      creatures, particularly the Bigfoot creatures.)
      > Thunderbird Artifact:
      > Recently , I visiting the Fruitlands Museum in Harvard
      Massachusetts. While in the Indian Museum, I noticed an artifact that
      bore a startling resemblance to Mothman descriptions. This artifact
      is ten inches tall, made of copper sheet, and is attributed to an
      Abenaki Indian in Maine, circa 1850. It is labeled: "Thunderbird."
      > The main difference between the Mothman descriptions and the
      Thunderbird artifact is that the artifact is crafted with a head,
      while the Mothman is typically described as having no head. The
      general body shape - other then the head discrepancy - is identical.
      The most striking similarity is the "eye" placement. The Thunderbird
      artifact has two holes placed on the upper chest, same as Mothman
      descriptions. Presently, these "eyes" on the Thunderbird artifact are
      being used as string holes to lace the figure to a museum stand. I
      enquired of the Museum Staff if the holes were meant as "eyes", or
      were merely lacing holes. They did not know, but gave their opinion
      that as "eyes", they were very compelling. I also asked if the holes
      were part of the original creation or were added later as lacing
      holes, but the staff was unable to provide information on this.
      Currently, the Thunderbird artifact is on loan to Fruitlands from a
      museum in New Hampshire.
      > Comparison:
      > Loren Coleman, in his recent book Mothman & Other Curious
      Encounters, created a composite sketch of the Mothman based on the
      various reports and eyewitness testimony. Please see Loren's
      composite sketch, below left. To the right is a scan of the
      Thunderbird artifact from the book The New England Indians by C.
      Keith Wilbur.
      > Mothman Thunderbird
      > Thunderbird Lore:
      > Although primarily associated with the Plains Indians, the
      Thunderbird was known to the Algonquin speaking peoples of New
      England. However, like most Native American culture in New England,
      little is now known of their beliefs. In regards to the Thunderbird,
      this much is known: it was a fearsome being and resembled a winged
      man, it caused fear and dread, and was said to actually kill humans
      from time to time.
      > There is a startling visual resemblance between the Mothman
      descriptions and the Thunderbird artifact. The single difference is
      the head - Thunderbird has one, Mothman doesn't. If the holes in the
      Thunderbird figure were intended as eyes, the identical placement of
      the eyes is a significant feature. With the exception of the head,
      the Thunderbird is a figure that exactly reproduces the Mothman
      > A second resemblance is its perceived disposition: the citizens
      of Point Pleasant felt terrorized by the Mothman - the Thunderbird
      was a figure of dread and fear in the culture of the Abenaki
      craftsman who created the copper figure.
      > The question is not whether there is or is not a
      strange "Mothman" creature that troubled folks in West Virginia, or
      whether there really is a Thunderbird being that the Abenaki of Maine
      fear - the point is that both cultures have legend of it, and the
      images of this creature - with the exception of the head motif in
      this instance - are identical.
      > If there are strange anomalous beings, perhaps they are
      definable by type - much in the way the reports of lake monsters and
      Bigfoot are recognizable "types". If so, whatever produces these
      phenomena appears to be consistent in its types. I find it curious
      that two cultures separated by 100 years, 750 miles, and dissimilar
      cultures have recorded a particular "type" in almost exact detail.
      > I 'm beginning to believe there are grounds for suggesting that
      the good folks at Point Pleasant and the Abenakis of Maine were
      reporting images of the same being - whatever that being may really