Re: [sl] Entering the K of G like a child

  • vincent beall
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007
      Have a safe journey Dan, and the best of luck to you and your wife!

      "Daniel N. Washburn" <danw@...> wrote:

      Hi, Sacreds:

      These days I've been working on trying to understand what JC meant by
      the Kingdom of God.

      Had a dream the other night in which I heard these words: 'What we love
      becomes beautiful to us. To find the Kingdom of God have a radiant heart
      full of the love of beauty.' Reminds me of Rabi'a's famous prayer: “O
      God, if I worship You for fear of hell then burn me in hell, and if I
      worship You in hope of paradise, forbid me paradise. But if I worship
      You for Yourself alone, do not hold back from me the Everlasting Beauty.”

      My wife and I are off to Russia tomorrow to bring back our darling new 6
      year old daughter, Marina. Yes, the adoption finally came through! We
      won't be back until the middle of November, so I probably won't be
      posting anything until then.

      Wish me Luck,

      PS Here are some articles recommended by the Science and Rligion Group
      that meets in my hometown:

      In Europe and U.S., Nonbelievers are Increasingly Vocal by Mary Jordan

      The New New Atheism by Peter Berkowitz

      Root and Branch by Ian Hacking

      Remembering the Secular Age by Michael Novak

      God and Evolution by Avery Cardinal Dulles

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: