Entering the K of G like a child

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007
      Hi, Sacreds:

      These days I've been working on trying to understand what JC meant by
      the Kingdom of God.

      Had a dream the other night in which I heard these words: 'What we love
      becomes beautiful to us. To find the Kingdom of God have a radiant heart
      full of the love of beauty.' Reminds me of Rabi'a's famous prayer: “O
      God, if I worship You for fear of hell then burn me in hell, and if I
      worship You in hope of paradise, forbid me paradise. But if I worship
      You for Yourself alone, do not hold back from me the Everlasting Beauty.”

      My wife and I are off to Russia tomorrow to bring back our darling new 6
      year old daughter, Marina. Yes, the adoption finally came through! We
      won't be back until the middle of November, so I probably won't be
      posting anything until then.

      Wish me Luck,

      Dan

      PS Here are some articles recommended by the Science and Rligion Group
      that meets in my hometown:

      In Europe and U.S., Nonbelievers are Increasingly Vocal by Mary Jordan

      http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/14/AR2007091402501_pf.html

      The New New Atheism by Peter Berkowitz

      http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110010341

      Root and Branch by Ian Hacking

      http://www.thenation.com/doc/20071008/hacking

      Remembering the Secular Age by Michael Novak

      http://www.firstthings.com/article.php3?id_article=5922

      God and Evolution by Avery Cardinal Dulles

      http://www.firstthings.com/article.php3?id_article=6038
    • jkott333@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007

        Best wishes for a safe journey and a blessed new beginning.

        Peace

        Jerry

        **************************************
        See what's new at http://www.aol.com
      • vincent beall
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007
          Have a safe journey Dan, and the best of luck to you and your wife!

          Vincent

          "Daniel N. Washburn" <danw@...> wrote:

[...]

          http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html

          Yahoo! Groups Links