Re: [sl] Digest Number 1491

  • Joan Harris
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2007
      Dan,
      I much enjoyed your message.

      Jesus knew perfectly well King David would be the human king of Israel in future. Jesus also knew he had come from God, and yet was with God in the beginning. He asked God to clothe him in that God-glory,  which was done upon resurrection, or at least when he appeared to John in the vision of Revelation as a shining being dressed in white. In that book, he told John that he would return as King of Earth at the sound of the last trumpet, and if you read it, it is not describing a human king, but a super-human one. Jesus knew that his time to be a king would not come until he had completed all his work on earth as a human being.

      Joan

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2007
        Hi, Joan

        Now you are venturing into territory where I don't have a clear set of
        beliefs. What happens after the resurrection? Is Jesus the Davidic
        King a human or a super-human figure? Is the post resurrection world a
        physical paradise on earth or is it a heavenly realm. Are we raised in
        physical bodies? But Paul says that we will all be transformed in the
        twinkling of an eye into spiritual bodies.

        What did Jesus think about all this, not the apostles, church fathers,
        medieval teologians, or modern christian churches?

        Is it an angels dance on the head of a pin question or does it have
        relevance for the sacred landscape? How does our sacred supernatural,
        possibly mythical, home relate to our current physical home in this world?

        Dan