Religion and Sport

  • danw888
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2007
      A while back we had a discussion of religion and sport on the list.

      Ran across a book on the topic on questia

      Religion and Sport: The Meeting of the Sacred and the Profane
      Charles S. Prebish; Greenwood Press, 1993

      Part One Introduction
      Chapter 1 Religion: Approaches and Assumptions
      Chapter 2 The Sports Arena: Some Basic Definitions
      Chapter 3 Religion and Sport: Convergence or Identity?
      Part Two Anthology
      Chapter 4 Sport and Religion
      Chapter 5 An Existential Phenomenological Analysis of Sport as a
      Religious Experience
      Chapter 6 The Joy of Sports
      Chapter 7 Sport and the Religious
      Chapter 8 The Emergence of Born-Again Sport
      Part Three Conclusion
      Chapter 9 Training into Transcendence