07-07-07

  • danw888
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 19, 2007
      Taking place on 07-07-07:

      The announcement of the new 7 wonders of the world!

      http://www.new7wonders.com/index.php?id=476

      Live Earth -- Global Warming Consciousness Concerts!

      http://liveearth.msn.com/concerts/US

      Any other magic 777 events that you can think of?

      Dan
    • Dominick Carlucci
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 22, 2007
        Dan,

        Not to sound like a witless moron, or a disparager of possible truths
        (not to mention someone who goes through life with his tongue planted
        firmly in cheek), I wonder if anyone has looked ahead at future
        dates. Such as:

        08-08-08

        09-09-09

        10-10-10

        11-11-11

        and what must surely be "the mother of all dates" :

        12-12-12

        Any synchronicity involved here?

        But before anyone answers, I must point out that the exact "end" of
        the Mayan Calendar is NOT "12-12-12".....but "12-21-12" (note the
        transposition of the middle number). (Technically, however, the Mayan
        Calendar does not end on ANY day in the Gregorian calendar - 12-21-12
        is the CORRESPONDING day in the Gregorian)

        My point - for whatever it's worth - is that (IMHO) we should be
        cautious about assigning meanings to numbers simply because there
        seems to be a correlation among the numerals. Please note that in
        reality there is NO correlation in the set of dates I typed above -
        example: "07-07-2007" doesn't sound anywhere near as sexy as "07-07-
        07"! And that may be the crux of the matter......

        This is not to say that numbers don't have any significance; au
        contraire, they do indeed. But WHAT significance, and in what
        COMBINATION? And for what PURPOSE? Any date is simply an arbitrary
        moment in time, based on the calendar one uses. 07-07-07, or, for
        that matter, 07-07-2007 - would be meaningless to those who use a
        different calendrical system than the Gregorian - i.e., a lunar
        calendar rather than a solar one.

        Yes, I'll be keeping my antennae up on 07-07-07, not because I expect
        anything in particular, but because I am convinced that the universe
        in a truly wondrous place, a place we have barely begun to
        experience, so anything is possible. However, please realize there is
        a 50-50 chance that the sun will rise and set on that day just as it
        did - or will - on 07-06-07, and will do again on 07-08-07.

        Just my 3 cents worth......

        Dominick

        --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "danw888" <danw@...>

        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 24, 2007
          Dominick Carlucci wrote:

          >Dan,
          >
          >Not to sound like a witless moron, or a disparager of possible truths
          >(not to mention someone who goes through life with his tongue planted
          >firmly in cheek), I wonder if anyone has looked ahead at future
          >dates. Such as:
          >
          >08-08-08
          >
          >09-09-09
          >
          >10-10-10
          >
          >11-11-11
          >
          >and what must surely be "the mother of all dates" :
          >
          >12-12-12
          >

          >Any synchronicity involved here?
          >

          >But before anyone answers, I must point out that the exact "end" of
          >the Mayan Calendar is NOT "12-12-12".....but "12-21-12" (note the
          >transposition of the middle number). (Technically, however, the Mayan
          >Calendar does not end on ANY day in the Gregorian calendar - 12-21-12
          >is the CORRESPONDING day in the Gregorian)
          >
          >My point - for whatever it's worth - is that (IMHO) we should be
          >cautious about assigning meanings to numbers simply because there
          >seems to be a correlation among the numerals. Please note that in
          >reality there is NO correlation in the set of dates I typed above -
          >example: "07-07-2007" doesn't sound anywhere near as sexy as "07-07-
          >07"! And that may be the crux of the matter......
          >
          >This is not to say that numbers don't have any significance; au
          >contraire, they do indeed. But WHAT significance, and in what
          >COMBINATION? And for what PURPOSE? Any date is simply an arbitrary
          >moment in time, based on the calendar one uses. 07-07-07, or, for
          >that matter, 07-07-2007 - would be meaningless to those who use a
          >different calendrical system than the Gregorian - i.e., a lunar
          >calendar rather than a solar one.

          Hi, Dominick

          Yes, I agree that the calendar is an arbitrary set of numbers imposed on
          cosmic events so that we humans can keep track of them. But there is
          meaning in these numbers simply because humans find meaning there. We
          do not understand the mind-world interaction but there is a good deal of
          evidence that points to the separate existence of mind. If so, the
          melded minds that find 07-07-07 significant may have some actual
          unmediated impact on the events of the world.

          The universe is an awsomely wondrous place as you point out. And as you
          can see, I am beginning to take seriously the possibility that we do not
          live in a dead cosmos but a living one.

          >Yes, I'll be keeping my antennae up on 07-07-07, not because I expect
          >anything in particular, but because I am convinced that the universe
          >in a truly wondrous place, a place we have barely begun to
          >experience, so anything is possible. However, please realize there is
          >a 50-50 chance that the sun will rise and set on that day just as it
          >did - or will - on 07-06-07, and will do again on 07-08-07.
          >
          >Just my 3 cents worth......

          With my 2 cents that makes a nickle's worth of wisdom.

          I'm waiting for 08-08-08, 888 being the number of Jesus by Gematria.
          Is this the date of the SECOND COMING!!!??? Enquiring minds want to know!

          Dan

          >Dominick
          >

          >--- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "danw888" <danw@...>
          >wrote:
          >

          >>Taking place on 07-07-07:
          >>
          >>The announcement of the new 7 wonders of the world!
          >>
          >>http://www.new7wonders.com/index.php?id=476
          >>
          >>Live Earth -- Global Warming Consciousness Concerts!
          >>
          >>http://liveearth.msn.com/concerts/US
          >>
          >>Any other magic 777 events that you can think of?
          >>
          >>Dan
          >>

          >Topics suitable for discussion in this e-list can be found at:
          >http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html
          >
          >To UNsubscribe, send email to:
          >
          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Dominick Carlucci
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 28, 2007
            Dan,

            You wrote:

            "I'm waiting for 08-08-08, 888 being the number of Jesus by Gematria.
            Is this the date of the SECOND COMING!!!??? Enquiring minds want to know!"

            This may very well be a possibility, but is it not written somewhere
            that "No man knows the day nor the hour - not even the Son of man
            knows. Only the Father in heaven..."

            *G* Frankly, how many of us expected the "Second Coming" on
            12/31/1999? And what did we get? The Y2K fiasco! Maybe that was Divine
            Retribution?

            And BTW - what happened (if anything) on 06-06-06? Isn't 666 the
            Number of the Beast?

            Dominick
          • danw888
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 29, 2007
              --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "Dominick Carlucci"
              <scorpio_eagle2002@...> wrote:

              > Dan,
              >
              > You wrote:
              >
              > "I'm waiting for 08-08-08, 888 being the number of Jesus by
              Gematria.
              > Is this the date of the SECOND COMING!!!??? Enquiring minds want
              to know!"

              > This may very well be a possibility, but is it not written
              somewhere
              > that "No man knows the day nor the hour - not even the Son of man
              > knows. Only the Father in heaven..."

              Ahh, but that was said then, nobody knows at this point in time, but
              does that say that nobody will know? Maybe as the end times
              approach there will be a new revelation?

              > *G* Frankly, how many of us expected the "Second Coming" on
              > 12/31/1999? And what did we get? The Y2K fiasco! Maybe that was
              Divine
              > Retribution?

              Wow, great concept. Y2K was retribution for our believing in the
              end of the millenium as the time of the 2nd comming. Love it.

              > And BTW - what happened (if anything) on 06-06-06? Isn't 666 the
              > Number of the Beast?

              Yes, and you know, I can't remember that anything noteworthy
              happened. Probably a plot by the Beast to fool us into thinking
              that there is nothing going on.

              By the way, I am just kidding about all of this stuff!

              Saw Roman Polanski's occult thriller the Ninth Gate on TV the other
              night. Pretty awful movie -- boring. How can you have a movie
              where the devil is real but god isn't? I think the dev is winning
              the final battle these days.

              Dan

              > Dominick

            • Theresa
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 29, 2007
                Good morning!

                I need some advice, please. We are going on a two week trip,
                starting Monday, to Phoenix/Scottsdale AZ from SW MO. Dad and Mom
                are going with me, and Dad's driving. He likes taking back roads
                :-). I only know two other places where we're stopping - somewhere
                around Amarillo TX, where he was stationed years ago when in the
                Army, and possibly the Grand Canyon. I think Amarillo's as far south
                as we're going, and then west from there - but one never knows with
                my Father! :-D.

                Thousands of miles in a car equals good reading and writing time. I
                can't really afford to get a book, and I likely won't have computer
                and Internet access during the trip. I am trying to find some good
                basic sites/pages that I can print off now and read later, preferably
                in b&w. I've been to the lists main page, and printed the
                explanation page, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

                The plans are to get up early and stop around 5-6 each night for
                dinner and a place to sleep. I figured I could check the local phone
                book to find any places of interest, but I don't know what to look under.

                I wish I could be more specific, but that's not possible, and I can't
                promise to actually go anywhere I find. Ideas and suggestions would
                be appreciated though!

                Thanks :-).
                Theresa

                (headed back to lurking and learning now)

                Gentlemen, I believe we have much to discuss.
                (Robert Lansing as Control, the Equalizer, "Trial By Ordeal" )
              • Dominick Carlucci
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 29, 2007
                  Dan,

                  I don't think the 'dev' isn't winning anything - a very wise lady once
                  shared this concept with me:

                  "If God is the Creator of all there is, and everything is under
                  His/Her/Its Divine Direction, then it stands to reason that Satan is
                  as well." Is she's right, then only God is real, and all else is
                  illusion. Indeed, as another wise woman likes to remind me:

                  "Only Love exists - all else is illusion. Remember, wherever you are,
                  God is."

                  Thoughts to ponder......

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 1 8:52 AM
                    The larger issue surrounding repeating numbers is the subject of "signs". If you are not
                    looking, the numbers are not speaking. In the field of plans and layouts, I love the
                    symbolism that numbers afford since they are code for certain ideas. But in the world of
                    dates and calendars I am much more sceptical.

                    Time, numbers and events do tend to collide and become fused into one meaningful
                    whole: witness the power of this date, 9/11.

                    We owe the chronology of calendars dating back to 1 AD to Bede. Up until his
                    Ecclesiastical History of England, time was reckoned according to the years of Roman
                    emperors -- just as Japan still reckons time today (it uses both the western and traditional
                    emperor dating systetms).

                    As for repetition, this is a basic feature of ritual itself (which is where drama comes from,
                    btw). Why do we "reenact" events such as New Year's every year? The older civilizations
                    would perform their dramatic rituals thereby establishing the connection between the
                    event and the date all over again. Re-creating the world in a fusion of literal (advance of
                    spring), metaphorical (re-creation of the universe) and symbolic (re-establishing the order
                    of the king) sense.

                    In business today, I suspect the same trend is occuring: minutes capture what is done
                    more than what is said. it is about the action more than the individual. You are the ritual
                    you perform.

                    It all hearkens back to basic Pythagoreanism and the fasciation with the decad. I doubt the
                    following number would interest us:
                    351465465141861465168435146546514186146516843514654651418614651684 (int
                    his number 3514654651418614651684 is repeating three times). But if we find simple
                    numbers repeating -- and we have an interest in looking for signs more generally -- then
                    we might try to ascribe meaning to it.

                    Question: what time do you notice on digital clocks the most?

                    Chris

                    <scorpio_eagle2002@...> wrote:

                    > Dan,
                    >
                    > I don't think the 'dev' isn't winning anything - a very wise lady once
                    > shared this concept with me:
                    >
                    > "If God is the Creator of all there is, and everything is under
                    > His/Her/Its Divine Direction, then it stands to reason that Satan is
                    > as well." Is she's right, then only God is real, and all else is
                    > illusion. Indeed, as another wise woman likes to remind me:
                    >
                    > "Only Love exists - all else is illusion. Remember, wherever you are,
                    > God is."
                    >
                    > Thoughts to ponder......
                    >
                    > Dominick
                    >

                    > --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "danw888" <danw@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "Dominick Carlucci"
                    > > <scorpio_eagle2002@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Dan,
                    > > >
                    > > > You wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > "I'm waiting for 08-08-08, 888 being the number of Jesus by
                    > > Gematria.
                    > > > Is this the date of the SECOND COMING!!!??? Enquiring minds want
                    > > to know!"
                    > > >
                    > > > This may very well be a possibility, but is it not written
                    > > somewhere
                    > > > that "No man knows the day nor the hour - not even the Son of man
                    > > > knows. Only the Father in heaven..."
                    > >
                    > > Ahh, but that was said then, nobody knows at this point in time, but
                    > > does that say that nobody will know? Maybe as the end times
                    > > approach there will be a new revelation?
                    > >

                    > > > *G* Frankly, how many of us expected the "Second Coming" on
                    > > > 12/31/1999? And what did we get? The Y2K fiasco! Maybe that was
                    > > Divine
                    > > > Retribution?
                    > > >
                    > > Wow, great concept. Y2K was retribution for our believing in the
                    > > end of the millenium as the time of the 2nd comming. Love it.
                    > >
                    > > > And BTW - what happened (if anything) on 06-06-06? Isn't 666 the
                    > > > Number of the Beast?
                    > > >
                    > > Yes, and you know, I can't remember that anything noteworthy
                    > > happened. Probably a plot by the Beast to fool us into thinking
                    > > that there is nothing going on.
                    > >
                    > > By the way, I am just kidding about all of this stuff!
                    > >
                    > > Saw Roman Polanski's occult thriller the Ninth Gate on TV the other
                    > > night. Pretty awful movie -- boring. How can you have a movie
                    > > where the devil is real but god isn't? I think the dev is winning
                    > > the final battle these days.
                    > >
                    > > Dan
                    > >
                    > > > Dominick

                  • Dominick Carlucci
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 1 8:25 PM
                      --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <groups@...> wrote:
                      >snip<
                      > Question: what time do you notice on digital clocks the most?

                      *G* 12:34

                      Dominick
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jul 2 8:19 AM
                        Theresa wrote:

                        >Good morning!
                        >
                        >I need some advice, please. We are going on a two week trip,
                        >starting Monday, to Phoenix/Scottsdale AZ from SW MO. Dad and Mom
                        >are going with me, and Dad's driving. He likes taking back roads
                        >:-). I only know two other places where we're stopping - somewhere
                        >around Amarillo TX, where he was stationed years ago when in the
                        >Army, and possibly the Grand Canyon. I think Amarillo's as far south
                        >as we're going, and then west from there - but one never knows with
                        >my Father! :-D.

                        Sorry, you are probably on your trip already. If not, google these
                        items and see if you can persude Dad to stop to take a look:

                        Canyon de Chelly National Monument in Arizona. Navajo think this is
                        where the Holy Beings taught their people how to live.
                        Antelope Canyon, Page, Arizona. Also in Page are Navajo Mountain and
                        Lake Powell.

                        In Texas try the Enchanted Rock State National Area.

                        >Thousands of miles in a car equals good reading and writing time. I
                        >can't really afford to get a book,

                        Library?

                        >and I likely won't have computer
                        >and Internet access during the trip. I am trying to find some good
                        >basic sites/pages that I can print off now and read later, preferably
                        >in b&w. I've been to the lists main page, and printed the
                        >explanation page, but I'm not sure where to go from there.
                        >
                        >The plans are to get up early and stop around 5-6 each night for
                        >dinner and a place to sleep. I figured I could check the local phone
                        >book to find any places of interest, but I don't know what to look under.
                        >
                        >I wish I could be more specific, but that's not possible, and I can't
                        >promise to actually go anywhere I find. Ideas and suggestions would
                        >be appreciated though!
                        >
                        >Thanks :-).
                        >Theresa
                        >
                        >(headed back to lurking and learning now)

                        Have fun, Theresa

                        Dan

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jul 2 8:41 AM

                          Chris wrote:
[...]

                          I see repetitions on the digital clock  1:11 2:22 3:33 4:44 5:55 10:10 etc.

                          I really like the insight that calendar time is repetiton and ritual.    Every year the same structuring of the year occurs with holidays, festivals, saints days, and holy celebrations.  This week we have the 4th of July where we celebrate the birth of the US with fireworks, reminiscent of the rockets red glare from the National Anthem, the US was born in revolutionary blood.

                          This whole structuring of time is fading, I think, though.   Labor day, Memorial Day, Presidents day are becoming just time off from work, not ritual markers for what is important to our values.  Christmas is about commercialization and gifts.   Halloween is becoming more important -- marking an increase in horror fantasy in our lives -- what is all that about.   Valentines day, mothers day, fathers day -- celebrate our close personal relations.   Earth day is going to get bigger but has nearly faded from consciousness in the past few years.

                          Dan

                          <scorpio_eagle2002@...> wrote:

                          Dan,

                          I don't think the 'dev' isn't winning anything - a very wise lady once
                          shared this concept with me:

                          "If God is the Creator of all there is, and everything is under
                          His/Her/Its Divine Direction, then it stands to reason that Satan is
                          as well."  Is she's right, then only God is real, and all else is
                          illusion. Indeed, as another wise woman likes to remind me:

                          "Only Love exists - all else is illusion. Remember, wherever you are,
                          God is."

                          Thoughts to ponder......

                          Dominick

                          --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "danw888" <danw@> wrote:

                          --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "Dominick Carlucci"
                          <scorpio_eagle2002@> wrote:

                          Dan,

                          You wrote:

[...]

                          <*> Your email settings:
                              Individual Email | Traditional

                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                              (Yahoo! ID required)

                          <*> To change settings via email:
                              mailto:sacredlandscapelist-digest@yahoogroups.com
                              mailto:sacredlandscapelist-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          Message 12 of 19 , Jul 3 8:27 AM
                            believe it or not, I have always had an affinity for 11:17. :)

                            I need to make one editorial revision to my last post. I can almost
                            hear Ambrose as he makes his way to the keyboard to type in "...a few
                            quibbles..." <joke Ambrose!! just shows you folks force me to stay
                            on my toes>

                            I said we have Bede to thank for the Anno Domini system which is true.
                            But it wasn't his "Ecclesiastical History of England" that did so --
                            that was just the first work to employ the new dating system. Rather,
                            and obviously, it was his "On the Reckoning of Time" that proposed the
                            new system.

                            Personally, I wish New Year started with the Spring Equinox. And if
                            you track back "Mary's pregnancy" from December 25, it takes you to
                            pretty darn close to the Vernal Equinox. So I think I shall reckon
                            time from that holy gate.

                            I'm all about Christmas trees with their light in the darkest time of
                            the year. But I especially want to celebrate the start of Spring
                            (either Babylonian or Chinese reckoning) since it coincides with the
                            visible New Year. Winter Solstice may mark the start of the year when
                            daylight begins to outlast night. But it doesn't make itself
                            appreciably noticeable until at least March-ish.

                            * * *

                            Time, number and events -- I agree with you Dan. It is a powerful
                            motif in the minds of humans.

                            I also object to birthdays. Good for kids, of course, but I am tired
                            of marking my progress in so-many laps around the sun. This year,
                            Father's day was more fun than my birthday.

                            So if those holidays are all arbitrary and losing their connection
                            with meaning for us, what days/events do still hold meaning? Are there
                            any? What would a truly "modern calendar" look like -- would it have
                            days that set aside for reflection? or outward attention-giving? or
                            rejoicing?

                            do we even feel connected with the progress of time, i.e. the year? or
                            has that too become superfluous and disconnected?

                            for myself, I wish Christmas-to-New Year's was one long holiday. Six
                            or so days of reflection, emphasizing peace more than partying.

                            and spring, as I say, is very important to me.

                            otherwise, I think a modern calendar should at least have one
                            three-day weekend a month. it is something to look forward to! is that
                            a democratic calendar in a work-a-day world?

                            PS -- Dan, many congratulations on your success while overseas! Is
                            everything progressing well? When will you be united with your children?

                            wow, now THAT is reason to rejoice!!!

                            Chris

                            --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel N. Washburn"
                            <danw@...> wrote:

> [...]
                            > faded from consciousness in the past few years.
                            >
                            > Dan
                            >

                            > >--- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "Dominick Carlucci"
                            > ><scorpio_eagle2002@> wrote:
                            > >

                            > >>Dan,
                            > >>
                            > >>I don't think the 'dev' isn't winning anything - a very wise lady once
                            > >>shared this concept with me:
                            > >>
                            > >>"If God is the Creator of all there is, and everything is under
                            > >>His/Her/Its Divine Direction, then it stands to reason that Satan is
                            > >>as well." Is she's right, then only God is real, and all else is
                            > >>illusion. Indeed, as another wise woman likes to remind me:
                            > >>
                            > >>"Only Love exists - all else is illusion. Remember, wherever you are,
                            > >>God is."
                            > >>
                            > >>Thoughts to ponder......
                            > >>
                            > >>Dominick

                            > >Topics suitable for discussion in this e-list can be found at:

                          • Ambrose Hawk
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jul 4 10:05 AM
                              Well, I forget when 1 January became the "New Year" ... it used to be
                              the Feast of Circumcision .... I forget where they've moved that to
                              these degenerate days :)
                              Anyway, this did not happen until after the calendar reforms of Gregory
                              the Great.
                              But ... the "new year" used to be 1 March, which several folks think
                              used to be the Spring Equinox before the Calendar Reforms by Julius
                              Caesar.
                              So, the solar points have moved 25 days, it seems since the foundation
                              of the calendar system we use now.
                              You must remember that Any Terran who lives in the Temperate Zones and
                              doesn't spend his/her life indoors would soon notice the solar cycle ...
                              so those and lunar timed events are world wide phenomenon ... nobody has
                              to borrow, steal, or whatever from anybody else to get there! Moreover,
                              everybody's celebration of these events will be analogous to everybody
                              else's as similar events are occurring.

                              Quibble, Quibble ...
                              :)
                              Ambrose

                              --
                              IN HOC MODO, MILLIS FRANGITVR!
                            • Dominick Carlucci
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jul 4 5:21 PM
                                Listmates,

                                Perhaps there is indeed something to the 07-07-07 phenomenon after
                                all....

                                I received an email this evening from a friend whose son's birthday was
                                some 2 weeks ago. However, due to the various schedules of his extended
                                family members, he has been trying to co-ordinate a date where everyone
                                could get together to celebrate, and only now has been able to set the
                                date for Saturday, 07-07-07.

                                This would mean nothing, of course, if it weren't for the fact that
                                it's his son's SEVENTH birthday.......

                                Dominick
                              • danw888
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jul 5 9:03 AM
                                  Here is an article from the Washington Post. Apparently Lucky 7 has
                                  alot of soon to be married couples and gamblers in hot pursuit of
                                  the goddess fortuna.

                                  Lucky in Love? Couples Book 7/7/07 Weddings
                                  Reservations Are Up For Auspicious Day

                                  By Kendra Marr
                                  Washington Post Staff Writer
                                  Saturday, June 30, 2007; Page A01

                                  It's unclear whether July 7, 2007, will be the luckiest wedding day
                                  of the century, but it will certainly be one of the busiest this
                                  year.

                                  Hotels, wedding planners, caterers, florists and bakers are
                                  scrambling to accommodate the flood of couples rushing to the altar
                                  on 7/7/07. They're juggling more events than usual. Some are hiring
                                  extra help. Old hands say the crush will exceed the number of
                                  millennium marriages or those celebrated on a typical Valentine's
                                  Day.

                                  There are no official numbers for this day. But one indicator is
                                  TheKnot.com, a popular wedding Web site. More than 38,000 couples in
                                  TheKnot.com's registry are planning to wed next Saturday -- more
                                  than triple the average number of couples that signed up to marry on
                                  Saturdays in July 2006, said Christa Vagnozzi, a senior editor.

                                  The date is popular for many reasons, as seven is considered an
                                  auspicious number in a variety of cultures.

                                  "It's a little extra luck for a happy, long marriage. Any little bit
                                  helps," said Deepak Baskaran, 30, of Baltimore, who will be getting
                                  married next Saturday in the District. "Plus I'll never forget that
                                  anniversary date, or I'll be in big trouble."

                                  In the Orthodox Jewish tradition, the bride circles the groom seven
                                  times when she arrives at the chuppah, a canopy used in weddings,
                                  symbolizing in part the seven days of creation. Seven candles are
                                  lit during Kwanzaa. There are seven wonders of the world. The Big
                                  Dipper is formed from seven stars. Buddha is said to have walked
                                  seven steps upon his birth. The Islamic tradition involves seven
                                  levels of heaven. The ancient city of Rome was said to be built on
                                  seven hills. There are seven deadly sins, as well as virtues, in
                                  some Christian traditions. And gamblers hit the jackpot with the
                                  slot machine combination 7-7-7.

                                  Triple sevens simply amplify the numerological meaning for those
                                  tying the knot.

                                  Brides and grooms snatched up wedding venues more than a year in
                                  advance. Richard Markel, director of the Association for Wedding
                                  Professionals International, did a survey of 2,000 hotels and
                                  wedding facilities and discovered that 75 percent were already
                                  reserved by December for 7/7/07.

                                  "The good news is that nobody raised their prices," Markel
                                  said. "They really didn't expect it."

                                  One wedding planner managed to persuade a bride to get married seven
                                  minutes after midnight when she couldn't book the triple sevens.

                                  "There were a lot of brides who actually started looking to buy the
                                  date from other brides," Markel said.

                                  Las Vegas, the land of economical and impromptu weddings, is
                                  particularly hectic. Travel Web site Vegas.com is booking about six
                                  times as many hotel rooms as normal for that weekend. Some hotels
                                  and casinos are touting "lucky" deals, such as a chance to win a
                                  $777 meal and a mass wedding at 7 p.m.

                                  <scorpio_eagle2002@...> wrote:

                                  > Listmates,
                                  >
                                  > Perhaps there is indeed something to the 07-07-07 phenomenon after
                                  > all....
                                  >
                                  > I received an email this evening from a friend whose son's
                                  birthday was
                                  > some 2 weeks ago. However, due to the various schedules of his
                                  extended
                                  > family members, he has been trying to co-ordinate a date where
                                  everyone
                                  > could get together to celebrate, and only now has been able to set
                                  the
                                  > date for Saturday, 07-07-07.
                                  >
                                  > This would mean nothing, of course, if it weren't for the fact
                                  that
                                  > it's his son's SEVENTH birthday.......
                                  >
                                  > Dominick

                                • Ambrose Hawk
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jul 5 9:20 AM
                                    Dominick wrote:
                                    This would mean nothing, of course, if it weren't for the fact that
                                    it's his son's SEVENTH birthday.......
                                    ---
                                    He wouldn't be the seventh son would he?
                                    :)
                                    Art

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jul 6 3:37 PM
                                      *G* Naw, not so lucky!

                                      D.

                                      --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, Ambrose Hawk <ahawk@...>

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jul 6 3:41 PM
                                        Sorta makes one wonder how many got married on 6-6-06 (666)? *EG*

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Jul 6 7:41 PM
                                          well i for one would like to take this opportunity to wish every one an asymmetrical
                                          07/06/07.

                                          kind of like those arabic carpets that make sure the symmetry is never perfect -- they
                                          don't want to compete with the perfection of their deity.

                                          my whisky infused state assures me such belief is far fetched.

                                          but i like the asymmetry.

                                          goes with my apolitics.

                                          well, here's to you, my friends. on the eve of a poker-perfect day.

                                          Chris