Re: [sl] Twinkiehenge

  • SaraAnneC@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2007
      In a message dated 2/11/2007 4:26:11 P.M. Central Standard Time, danw@... writes:
      coca cola flavored gelatin.  My wife thinks this is an awful
      concoction.  'That's just WRONG', she says.

      I will have to go check this out, but I am pretty sure that, back in the 1940s, there was a dessert recipe that called for J-ELLO and Cocoa Cola that were combined and poured over Twinkies then refrigerated until the J-ELLO set. The dish was called "Descended Twinkies" or maybe it was "Undescended Twinkies" because they kind of float.

      Never, never, dismiss mid-century culinary wizardry; they did some pretty wild things and some of them actually worked out.

      SaraAnne
    • Dominick Carlucci
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2007
        Reagan had jellybeans
        Clinton had Big Macs and Coke-flavored Twinkies
        King George II has/had pretzel logs

        So many empty calories.....so little time....

        And now, back to our regularly-scheduled list.............

        Dominick