Re: [sl] Twinkiehenge

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2007
      Hi, SaraAnne

      My guess would be Bill Clinton. He was a big McDonalds man and ordered
      another dessert in the White House that he used to get when he was a
      kid: coca cola flavored gelatin. My wife thinks this is an awful
      concoction. 'That's just WRONG', she says.

    • SaraAnneC@AOL.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2007
        In a message dated 2/11/2007 4:26:11 P.M. Central Standard Time, danw@... writes:
        coca cola flavored gelatin.  My wife thinks this is an awful
        concoction.  'That's just WRONG', she says.

        I will have to go check this out, but I am pretty sure that, back in the 1940s, there was a dessert recipe that called for J-ELLO and Cocoa Cola that were combined and poured over Twinkies then refrigerated until the J-ELLO set. The dish was called "Descended Twinkies" or maybe it was "Undescended Twinkies" because they kind of float.

        Never, never, dismiss mid-century culinary wizardry; they did some pretty wild things and some of them actually worked out.

        SaraAnne
      • Dominick Carlucci
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11, 2007
          Reagan had jellybeans
          Clinton had Big Macs and Coke-flavored Twinkies
          King George II has/had pretzel logs

          So many empty calories.....so little time....

          And now, back to our regularly-scheduled list.............

          Dominick