Monkey-eye view of evolution

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2006
      THE MONKEY'S VIEWPOINT ON EVOLUTION

      Three monkeys sat in a coconut tree
      Discussing things as they're said to be
      Said one to the others,"Now listen you two,
      There's a certain rumor that can't be true,
      That man descended from our noble race.
      Why, the very idea is a dire disgrace!
      No monkey ever deserted his wife---
      Starved his babies and ruined their life,
      And you've never known a mother monk
      To leave her babies with others to bunk
      Or to shove them around from one to another
      Till they scarcely know who is their mother.
      Another thing! You'll never see
      A monk build a fence round a coconut tree.
      Forbidding all other monks a taste
      And letting the coconuts go to waste.
      Why, if I built a fence around this tree
      Starvation would force you to steal from me!

      Another thing a monk won't do
      Is go out at night and get on a stew,
      Or use a gun, or club, or knife
      To take some other monkey's life.
      Yes, Man descended, the ornery cuss
      But, brothers, he never descended from us!"

      By - Anon Y. Mous