More Non-dual Awareness in Christianity

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2006
      Putting on the Mind of Christ: The Inner Work of Christian Spirituality
      by Jim Marion

      Reviews from Amazon:

      For the first time in my adult life, I have seen the New Testament and
      the ministry of Jesus of Nazareth from a perspective to which I can
      finally relate. When the Kingdom of Heaven is viewed as the
      ego-shattering level of nondual consciousness, the scriptures have great
      wisdom to share and somewhere accessible to point. (Yes, I realize that
      I'm awash in spacetime nomenclature, but such is the nature of writing.)

      Jim Marion's digestable explanation of Ken Wilber's differing levels of
      consciousness is a veritable pot-of-gold find for me. This is the first
      book I have read that parallels and details my own secular spiritual
      path. What's amazing is that it is done with ample support from the New
      Testament gospels! Who knew I'd one day find myself nodding along to
      what the boys in the Bible wrote? Marion has even taken a shot at
      describing the level of nondual consciousness that I attained several
      years ago. Now when blank faces stare back at me as I fumble for the
      words to explain my own life-altering experiences, I can simply direct
      them to Putting On the Mind of Christ.

      I commend Jim Marion for his undeniable courage, his soul-searching
      honesty and his ability to show me, a non-Christian, that the Bible
      holds great wisdom that is relevant to my own spiritual journey. Though
      I shall not be setting aside my Sunday mornings for pew-warming anytime
      soon, I have a newfound respect for esoteric Christian teachings.

      <http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/discussions/start-thread.html/ref=cm_rdp_dp/002-3539792-9503232?ie=UTF8&ASIN=157174357X&store=yourstore&reviewID=RDSZIKQ4AJRIT&iid=157174357X&displayType=ReviewDetail#wasThisHelpful>Another
      review:

      After Ken Wilber had expanded on the Spiral Dynamics theory of human
      experiential growth, Jim applied it to the path of Christian spiritual
      development. A former monk, Jim's riveting story of searching and
      eventual fulfillment is an inspiration to Christian seekers of spiritual
      illumination.

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157174357X/ref=cap_pdp_dp_3/002-3539792-9503232