Re: [sl]Merkabah Mysticism and Tibetan Dzogchen

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2006
      Hi, Ambrose -

      I suppose I should have been ready for your question about reposting.
      When I sent it to the SL list I made the decision to let it out, since
      we don't have any rule about keeping things secret. However, this is so
      hot I hate to let it go. The answer is:

      Yes, you can repost, but please add at the bottom

      Copyright 11/18/2006 by Dan Washburn danw@...
      If you copy this essay it must contain this copyright notice.

      Ambrose Hawk wrote:

      >Dan wrote:
      >This sounded familiar to me. In ancient Jewish Merkabah mysticism one
      > entered a trance and experienced a vision of the human form of God
      >on
      > the heavenly throne. In the accounts of such visions that we have
      >from
      > Ezekiel and the Book of Revelation the human form of God is
      >surrounded
      > by a rainbow light. Could it be that Dzogchen stemmed from ancient
      > Jewish mystical practices?
      >-----
      >Frankly, if there is ultimate unity in Deity, then mystical seekers who
      >achieve any kind of communion with It should have very similar or
      >analogous experiences. No?
      >
      >BTW, mind if repost your post on some other lists?
      >
      >Be Blest,
      >Ambrose Hawk
      >
      >--
      >IN HOC MODO, MILLIS FRANGITVR!
      >

      >Topics suitable for discussion in this e-list can be found at:
      >http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html
      >
      >To UNsubscribe, send email to:
      >
      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Ambrose Hawk