Re: [sl] Science of the Sublime - an Non-review

  • mikebispham@aol.com
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 11, 2006
      In a message dated 11/10/06 02:17:22 GMT Daylight Time, danw@... writes:
      "I'd invest the 13 bucks if I were you. If you want to marry off
      science and religion, Grof is a good matchmaker."

      Can't be done.  Two different categories of understanding.  (Look up 'category error')

      Mike

      Odd. Are you sure she really knows who we are talking about? And if
      so, on what does she base her disdain?

      Seems to be that she thinks he is arrogant and sexist. In reading his
      books I have never found this to be true at all.
      Course he does map the human psyche with peri-natal, archetypal, and
      cosmic consciousness experiences as well as the usual psychodynamic
      problems of everyday life, so he tends to be somewhat god-like in his
      approach, but that's the interesting stuff. Again, I haven't seen any
      hard core arrogance.

      I'd invest the 13 bucks if I were you. If you want to marry off
      science and religion, Grof is a good matchmaker.

      Anyone else have an impression of Stanislav they want to share?

      Dan

      einar kvaran wrote:

      >I found Graf's book on-line for under $13
      >
      >However
      >When I mentioned the title to my partner she became
      >very interested and wanted to know ewho the author
      >was. When I told her she snorted and said, "Oh him.
      >He does half of what any woman can do and thinks he's
      >hot ****."
      >
      >There you have it. Of course she might change her
      >mind if she read the book, but . . . . . . .

    • einar kvaran
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 14, 2006
        --- "Daniel N. Washburn" <danw@...>
        wrote:
        Straightening Mike out is a labor intensive task.

        I suspect that straightening out Mike is the last
        guaranteed life-long employment left anywhere. eeeeeeeeeek

        http://mail.yahoo.com