backyard labyrinths

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2006
      picking up where my last post left off (that Chartres' labyrinth was
      on to something)...some (hopefully) helpful links:

      landscape design masters thesis, "Taking the First Step: The Labyrinth
      and The World of Landscape Architecture" by Amber Hollis Vellenga
      (nice images!)

      http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/available/etd-05302001-160852/unrestricted/thesisav.pdf

      Chapter four in this book "The Complete Guide to Labyrinths: Using the
      Sacred Spiral for Power, Protection, Transformation, and Healing" by
      Cassandra Eason outlines and gives you useful illustrations on
      creating your own backyard labyrinth:

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product//1580911269

      this page discusses a church in Illinois with a small prayer labyrinth
      set up in the fellowship hall. Walk and pray the labyrinth, using the
      accompanying cassette tape, takes 60 minutes.

      http://www.christianstandard.com/articledisplay.asp?id=188

      Interesting stuff, IMO.