You'd think I'd just give up ....

  • edgetexlady
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29 8:38 AM
      Einar ... if you weren't already married, I'd have to make a pass at
      you!! You are hilarious!!

      OK, I think we can at least agree that our words and links to site
      continue to fall on deaf ears, but what the heck?? Let's just keep
      on going!!

      I've found a number of articles similar to this one, but I'm at work
      and unfortunately, don't have time to link each one. But the point
      is, only 25 or so years ago a similar debate was going on regarding
      global cooling -- scientists and others were going nuts over it. It
      all runs in cycles. Which is not to say we don't need to clean up
      things -- we just don't need to get that crazy over it, and rude, and
      panicky.

      A quote from the article: "A recent Washington Post article gave
      this scientist's quote from 1972. "We simply cannot afford to gamble.
      We cannot risk inaction. The scientists who disagree are acting
      irresponsibly. The indications that our climate can soon change for
      the worse are too strong to be reasonably ignored." The warning was
      not about global warming (which was not happening): it was about
      global cooling!"

      The article:

      http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1034077.cms
    • einar kvaran
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2006
        DeDe:
        The only reason that i can think of for dwelling on
        the humor of things is that the non-humor part seem to
        have so little to recomend it. I mean, folks get mad
        and hurt and act cruel or feel guilty and really, what
        is the point of that? i have never known [well maybe
        three times in the last few decades] anyone to change
        anyone else's mind about anything. The exceptions are
        all with in my family. When the greatest experts on
        any subject disagree what chance do mear mortals have?
        Not much. So i go into this sort of discussion or
        arrangement or whatever to get what ever i can out of
        it that will make me feel good.

        Now, about that pass . . . . . . . . . ........
        eeeeeeeeeeek

        http://mail.yahoo.com