[sacredlandscapelist] Re: sacred geometry architects

  • Barry Carroll
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 22, 1999
      cat --
      thanks for the reference.
      BC

      At 05:02 AM 10/21/99 -0700, you wrote:
      >Dr. J. Paul De Vierville wrote:
      >>
      >> Hello Cat
      >>
      >> Just recently discovered your www page. Very nice and helpful
      >>
      >> Do you know of and/or can you point me in the direction of some
      >> architects and/or interior designers who employ sacred geometry in
      >> their work?
      >>
      >> We are currently re-designing a health resort spa
      >>
      >> Thank you
      >>
      >> Dr Jonathan Paul De Vierville
      >> Alamo Plaza Spa at the Menger Hotel
      >> San Antonio, Texas 78205
      >>
      >> 210.223.5772
      >
      >Several architects, furniture designers, and landscapers who work
      >according to these ancient principles are currently subscribers to the
      >Sacred Landscape e-list (including one who lives in nearby Austin,
      >Texas!). I have forwarded your request to the list and they may contact
      >you directly. Should you wish to subscribe to the e-list yourself, you
      >may do so by going to
      > http://www.luckymojo.com/subscribe.html
      >and following the links there.
      >
      >Cordially,
      >
      >cat yronwode
      >
      >The Sacred Landscape ------- http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html

      >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/sacredlandscapelist

    • lwalker
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 24, 1999
        This week I was asked to see whether a 1600 colonial reproduction needed
        to be bulldozed or would work with an addition. The problem was that the
        house was small in proportion with walls over 16 inches thick .

        I noticed that when I drew the house out it worked in unison with 1/4
        scale paper . This is not unusual but the regularity made me wonder .
        When I had copied CHRIST CHURCH, GNOMON DIAL STONE the same thing had
        happened and the church was built to PHI and PI with the sun creating
        intersecting mathmatian demonstration coordinated to Saint days ECT .

        Well it was staring me in the face The structure was 34 ft by 21
        indepth with wings 16 wide 18 deep . The 34 +21=55 fib. series ,the
        overall 66 length ,representing the avg speed of the earth around the
        sun 66600 mph .

        With that the numbers angle so familiar to me my scale flied and in 2 hr
        I had a great plan and the loved it . The main portion was a golden
        rectangle so I lay a male and female fib. series . The kitchen became 13
        by 8 with the curve of the spiral extending beyond to make a counter bar
        area . the eye of the spiral was centered over the counter shed light on
        the future discussions over wine and bread . The female spiral centered
        on the dining table . The end of the spirals ,144, intersected and
        crossed in the ft. wide brick fireplace . The fire placed centered had 8
        ft per side .
        So ...........the two eyes of the male/female spirals can sit and watch
        the fire I I, Greek number 10 10 .
        Anyway the stair case and all the measurements fell together . The new
        entry from the east allows the morning sun to pass through the 5 by 8
        arched portal under the steps . As you walk in your looking through the
        house out the west french doors over a large body of water with a small
        island . I used the space over the entry as the ROSICRUCIAN Porch , with
        an elliptical window like WREN's depicting the change of seasons when
        the sun crosses the celestial equator .

        I didn't want to talk about reasons for placements and designs because
        I did not really know the people that well . And the magic of the house
        is the various discoveries the homeowner experience as the seasons
        change .

        It ended up that both were drawn to the area from just south of SF.
        Airport (which is on the same latitude . Both commercial bankers the
        wive went through a strange experience/calling and has become a sought
        after healer of spiritual energy . She is usally contacted by Doctors
        and flys around the country . She wanted a home base to build a healing
        room.. Who ever copied the historical structure did a great job .Once a
        few measurements are made the rest can fall together . With out the
        deliberate use of light like in the WREN structures it is a coincidence
        to some extent .

        I just think it s cool and picture Rosicrucians that came to the area in
        1600 smiling .
      • Barry Carroll
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 11, 1999
          At 11:38 AM 10/22/99 -0500, you wrote:
          >cat --
          >i contacted JP Deverville and went to San Antonio to see his place
          a few days after your post appeared.
          i worked up a floorplan based on his interest in spaces defined by
          the golden section .
          the hotel has given him a very interesting space to expand his operation.
          the space divides up well for the theme he has in mind.
          the unique feature is that
          in the center of the new space, 4 massive columns surround an area
          where the ceiling jumps up from 9 1/2 to 12 feet.>BC