Re: not two souls but one

  • danw888
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
      Actually when whole groups of people are hypnotized and regressed to
      previous lives they very rarely report being a famous person. Most
      have ordinary past lives in some other culture.

      I believe we just hear more from the people who remember being
      Catherine the Great or some other biggie.

      If you think hypnotic regression proves past lives, you should read
      a book by Ian Wilson which has some fascinating evidence to the
      contrary. (Can't think of the name of the book at the moment.) I
      remember one case where a Norweigian high school student remembered
      a life in medieval England and recited a song in Medieval english
      during a hypnosis session. She swore that she had never heard the
      song in her life. When she was re-hypnotized and asked where the
      song came from, she said it was in a book in the school library.
      When they looked at the book, sure enough the song was right there.
      the girl had internalized it while glacing through the pages and her
      unconscious mind had used it as part of the regression fantasy.
      This was always the problem with the Bridey Murphy material. Her
      past life was in Ireland and she spoke some gaelic in hypnosis, but
      she also had had an irish nanny when she was small.

      On the other hand Ian Stevenson, a professor at the University of
      Virginia, has collected cases of young children in India who can
      remember the details of lives lived by recently deceased people,
      details that can be confirmed by investigating the lives of the
      people who have died. See his 17 Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation.

      Dan
    • Ambrose Hawk
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
        I recall other cases of kids recalling past lives ... and not under
        hypnosis and in staid old America ... the researcher was an East Coast
        scholar I believe.
        Alas, at the time, I had no means to take notes and preserve the
        citations, so I'm hoping this prods somebody else's memory ....
        :)
        Ambrose

        --
        IN HOC MODO, MILLIS FRANGITVR!
      • einar kvaran
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2006
          --- danw888 <danw@...> wrote:

          > I believe we just hear more from the people who
          > remember being Catherine the Great or some other
          biggie.

          John Phillips - guiding light of the Mamas and Papas -
          was once quoted as claiming to be Lord Byron again.
          Why not? In any case Phillips is dead too, so can
          discuss it with Byron. eeeeeek

          > If you think hypnotic regression proves past lives,

          I'm not talking "proof."

          > you should read a book by Ian Wilson which has some
          fascinating
          > evidence to the contrary.

          So . .... he proves that reincarnation does not
          happen? eeeeeeek

          http://mail.yahoo.com