earth power

  • Chris Graves
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2006
      That was a very nice thread. Thanks Dan, SaraAnne.

      Do you ever come to the point of "what do we do now" and then put
      faith in the process? On the one hand, it seems sensible: every moment
      is new and we really shouldn't try to fit in in the boxes of our
      stereotypes and fastfood understanding. But on the other hand, it
      seems that that is the nature of being human: we exist to exist, we
      live to survive--and one way of doing that is to don our best hat
      (experience, such as it is) and run with it.

      The one is pure, the other is somewhat muddled and dirty; one allows
      you to live for the moment while the other just lets you get by.

      I am curious: how often do members find themselves "surrendering" to
      the cosmos, i.e. life forces around them, versus how often do you find
      yourself controlling your life, making a plan and sticking to it?

      The story of my life so far is a fugue with one theme being trusting
      intuition and the other theme being reasoned control.

      Perhaps not so much a question as an idea to ponder. But thoughts
      welcomed nevertheless.

      blog: http://www.gravesnet.com
    • Lance Michael Foster
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 23, 2006
        --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Graves" <groups@...> wrote:

        > I am curious: how often do members find themselves "surrendering" to
        > the cosmos, i.e. life forces around them, versus how often do you find
        > yourself controlling your life, making a plan and sticking to it?
        >
        > The story of my life so far is a fugue with one theme being trusting
        > intuition and the other theme being reasoned control.
        >
        > Perhaps not so much a question as an idea to ponder. But thoughts
        > welcomed nevertheless.
        >
        > -Chris

        New guy here, just lurking mainly for now, but wanted to throw in my two cents on Chris'
        post.

        For me, it's like surfing (no I don't surf, crummy swimmer, but bear with me)...different
        waves and different wave sets come in. You gotta evaluate which one to take. Sometimes
        you are surprised or misjudge and wipe out...hopefully you survive. But you catch the right
        one, and if you have the right skill (combination of natural ability and hard preparatory
        work), ... the ride can be amazing. That is a metaphor for how I experience serendipity,
        surrender, planning, and sticking to it.

        -Lance
      • Ambrose Hawk
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 24, 2006
          As an astrologer, I've noticed that there are some folks whose charts
          are so accurate that I've always challenged them to take more
          responsibility and to take charge of their lives for themselves ... and
          the person is always shocked by this ... and recognizes that they've
          been extremely passive in their life approach.
          :)
          Ambrose Hawk

          --
          IN HOC MODO, MILLIS FRANGITVR!