Photos of Chinese Pyramids

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 27 3:48 AM
      Bosnia may not be the only place with unknown pyramids. Were you aware
      that there are pyramids in China?

      http://www.lauralee.com/chi_pyr.htm

      Dan
    • josefina
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 27 6:55 AM
        bueno, parece que los antiguos pensaban o sentían parecido, como ahora
        besotes

        El 27/04/2006, a las 13:48, Daniel N. Washburn escribió:

        > Bosnia may not be the only place with unknown pyramids. Were you
        > aware
        > that there are pyramids in China?
        >
        > http://www.lauralee.com/chi_pyr.htm
        >
        > Dan
        >

        > Topics suitable for discussion in this e-list can be found at:
        > http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html
        >
        > To UNsubscribe, send email to:
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • josefina
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 27 7:09 AM
          Sorry,
          the las message has been a mistake,
          regards

          El 27/04/2006, a las 13:48, Daniel N. Washburn escribió:

          > Bosnia may not be the only place with unknown pyramids. Were you
          > aware
          > that there are pyramids in China?
          >
          > http://www.lauralee.com/chi_pyr.htm
          >
          > Dan
          >

          > Topics suitable for discussion in this e-list can be found at:
          > http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html
          >
          > To UNsubscribe, send email to:
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Mark Swaney
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 27 9:56 AM
            Dan,

            Wow those are great pictures! I knew that there were pyramids in China - my
            father told me about them based on stories he heard from WWII aviators who
            flew over them - but I have never seen any pictures, nor do I have any
            information on the age of them, the people who built them, why, what they
            signified, etc.

            What can we find out about these gorgeous pyramids?

            Also, I can't credit anything about them being more than 5,000 years old. I
            have read too much about the remains of prehistory to go off into a dream
            land that never existed.

            The truth is so exciting, so fascinating, and so wonderful that I often am
            at a complete loss to explain why people feel the need to manufacture dreams
            and delusions.

            What do you think Dan?

            Mark

          • mikebispham@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 27 10:28 AM
              Fascinating, thanks Dan.

              Laura Lee's commentary needs several pinches of salt though ...  if she's even halfway accurate about Hartwig Hausdorf he seems to have a runaway imagination too...

              Mike

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 28 6:42 AM
                Hi, Mike

                Yeh, I think Hausdorf flipped his Hartwig long ago. ETs from the DTs.
                I just hope the photos are real and not something dreamed up in a dark
                room. Hmmm... what percentage of the population is short with large
                heads and bad skin. Can't we get a few billion from homeland security
                to deal with the threat? Puts new meaning in the term illegal alien.

                Dan

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 28 7:08 AM
                  Mark Swaney wrote:

                  >The truth is so exciting, so fascinating, and so wonderful that I often am
                  >at a complete loss to explain why people feel the need to manufacture dreams
                  >and delusions.
                  >
                  >What do you think Dan?
                  >
                  >Mark

                  Why do people write viruses and worms for the net? I never would have
                  suspected that there were so many viscious assholes out there until I
                  had to start fighting them off with my anti-virus software. With the
                  dreams and delusions I think some viscious asshole decides to make
                  something up to put one over on people and to prove how smart he is.
                  When the sheep flock in to be sheared, it becomes an unbeatable combo,
                  an ego trip with money attached.

                  What are the sheep getting out of it? Entertainment? Victimhood?
                  Absolution by Persecution? Certainty? Something to talk about?
                  Structure for their pitiful lives? A sense of being special for
                  being in the know? Something to hate and feel superior to? They're
                  courting betrayal?

                  All I can say is you can tell people almost anything and they will
                  believe it. Witness the current political situation.

                  The truth has sharp edges. Dreams are all fuzzy and feel real good.

                  Hey, why are you asking me? I believe in scientific evidence for the
                  existence of God.

                  Dan

                • Mark Swaney
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 28 8:13 AM
                    Dan,

                    Sorry man, I wasn't thinking of you as one of the deluded/fakers - I know
                    you are a critical thinker. I just haven't gotten my direct Dan fix in
                    awhile, and I wanted to read what you think about the problem of fantasy
                    explanation for the unknown.

                    I love those Chinese and Bosnian pyramids. It seems that the Chinese
                    emperors of the Han period (about 2000 years) wanted to be buried with all
                    their wealth and had to make it difficult for the living to loot the dead.
                    But this is the same explanation that we got for the Egyptian pyramids, and
                    in the case of the Chinese, we don't know squat - just the standard line
                    from the Chinese officials. For we know they made it up just to have
                    something to say.

                    Notice that the old picture of the "great white pyramid" shows the pyramid
                    has recessed faces - exactly like the Egyptian pyramids. The explanation
                    for the recessed faces in the case of the Egyptian pyramids is that it
                    combats the optical illusion of a totally flat face looking like it is
                    bulging out. But this suggests that the pyramid was made for more than
                    simply discouraging grave robbers.

                    Damn it - I have to work now. I got a *TON* of stuff I want to write about,
                    and I've no time.

                    Oh well.

                    Mark

                    PS I recommend *very highly* the Cambridge History of Judaism. It is three
                    volumes - about 8 or 9 inches when stacked on top of each other. So it
                    takes awhile to read it - I am about half through it now. The picture of
                    the first century becomes more and more clear. I'm on the trail of the
                    mystery - and it is way more fun than any bull hockey that's made up for
                    whatever reason.