Re: [sl] Stonehenge, heliocentrism and paradigms

  • mikebispham@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2006
      In a message dated 4/7/06 6:17:46 PM GMT Daylight Time, jqjacobs@... writes:

      I entered this discussion group requesting GPS coordinates.

      Ahh!  A question answered at last!

      >Numerology is assigning meaning to numbers.

      The term encompasses a number of sub-'disciplines.'

      >It is distinct from empirical study of the numbers used by
      cultures.

      Yes.  This is metrology.  I raised metrology, you dismissed it as 'numerology', remember?

      >Too often, the distinction is blurred.

      Not by me.  I'm glad to see you've learned something.

      >I do not have time, nor inclination, to enter into debate founded
      on
      misinterpretations and skimming.  Nor do I want to waste the time of
      others.  Don't expect further response to misinterpretations.

      Don't expect further attempts from me to help, or conduct a constructive dialogue.  I've had my fill of your manners.

      Mike
      mikebispham@... wrote:
      > You seem to possess a working assumption that
      > the mound and monolith builders sailed round the Earth....

      Obviously, you are misinterpreting here.  I do not even make mention
      of the possibility.  Where did you come up with this ideation?  I make
      clear distinction of land- and sea-based determination of longitude
      determination.  Geodesy is not the study of sailing!  It does
      encompass navigation, but my focus is on land-based navigation and
      place determination, in contrast to the much more difficult sea-based
      task.  You missed a major point, place determination and longitude
      determination is possible on land without mechanical chronometers used
      at sea!!  And therefore was accessible to prehistoric, pre-mechanical
      clock cultures.

      Numerology is assigning meaning to numbers.  It is distinct from
      empirical study of the numbers used by cultures.  Too often, the
      distinction is blurred.

      I entered this discussion group requesting GPS coordinates.  I do not
      have time, nor inclination, to enter into debate founded on
      misinterpretations and skimming.  Nor do I want to waste the time of
      others.  Don't expect further response to misinterpretations.

      JQ