New Testament Gematria

  • mikebispham@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2006
      Is it, um, time we had a look a kaballah in respect of all this?

      Mike

      In a message dated 3/16/06 8:37:54 PM GMT Standard Time, groups@... writes:
      Another rich question with perhaps a poverty of answers.

      For the Hewbrew spellings of Joshua see this page:
      http://www.direct.ca/trinity/yehoshua.html

      Note that there is no one definitive spelling:
      yod-he-wau-shin-ayin (by gematria 391)
      yod-shin-wau-ayin (by gematria 386)
      yod-he-wau-shin-ayin-beth-nun (by gematria 1093)

      As for Greek gematria, Jesus is 888; while the Greek gematria for
      Joshua is 74.

      This page stipulates some interesting connections on the connection
      between Joshu and the solar number 74:
      http://www.geocities.com/SatanicReds/666b.html

      Some background on Jesus vs. Joshua names and their evolution:
      http://www.tegart.com/brian/bible/kjvonly/acts7_45.html
      And also:
      http://jesus8880.com/chapters/gematria/yehoshua.htm

      There also seems to be an "English language gematria" out there that
      is clogging up the search engines. I believe this may be the
      information Nadine registered: using this English gematria, both Jesus
      and Joshua come to 444. See this page:
      http://www.geocities.com/uncoveringcode/revelation.html

      Another day, another research unpaid for. Sigh.