Re: Re: Our Singing For The First Mother ...

  • Millennium Twain
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25 11:10 PM
      ~~~
      ~~~~~

      gentlest ones,

      looks like the "I call on all Heaven Rune" Chant probably
      goes back for Millennia ... at least 1000 BC in Europe.

      Madeleine L'Engle certainly is the most resplendant
      user of it I know of.

      another version of it was allegedly used by St Patrick in 4th
      Century Ireland -- historically promoted as being chanted
      in order to bring down the castle at Tara -- and the pagan
      King Loegaire.

      yet the version used by 'Saint' Patrick is clearly stolen
      from the Pagans, and converted to patriarchal christian:

      At Tara, in this fateful hour
      I call on all Heaven with its power!

      And the sun with its brightness
      And the snow with its whiteness

      And the sea with all the strength it hath
      And the wind with its rapid wrath

      And the hills with their steepness
      And the vales with their deepness

      And the earth with its starkness:
      All these I place, by God's almighty help and grace
      Between myself and the powers of darkness!

      http://cathf.addr.com/story7.htm

      [URL above from 'Elfwreck' in wiccan_collegium]

      http://www.irishmythology.com/Irish_Mythology_Tara.htm

      and here is another patriarchal version:

      "In this fateful hour
      I call on all Heaven with its power,

      And the sun with its brightness,
      And the snow with its whiteness,

      And the fire with all the strength it hath,
      And the lightning with its rapid wrath,

      And the winds with their swiftness along their path,
      And the sea with its deepness,

      And the rocks with their steepness,
      And the earth with its starkness;

      All these I place
      By God's almighty help and grace
      Between myself and the powers of darkness."

      ~~~~~~
      ~~~~~~

      sad, but 'true'. [truly his-terical ...]

      am definitely looking to research the antiquity
      of this Great Spirit evocation further ...

      as we apply it today ...

      to call forth ALL THE SACRED SPIRITS of our
      sister/brothers and ancestors of Planet and Sun ...

      and Milky Way ...

      in awakening love and healing for ourselves
      and our Earthly Mother ...

      in this year,
      this the last year,
      . . (last ten months) of her breathing.

      Millennium Twain

      ~~~

      In this arrived fateful hour,
      I call upon all Spirits, all Heaven's power,

      GrandMother Sun with all her brightness,
      And the Snow with all its whiteness,

      Celestial Fire with all strengthes it hath,
      And the Lightning with all its rapid wrath,

      Our four Winds with their swiftness along their path,
      And the Sea with its deepness

      Ancient Rocks with all their keen-ness
      And the Mountains with transcendant starkness

      All these sister/brothers I place
      For Earth Mother's help and grace,

      Between She and the corporates of darkness!

      ..

      .