mosques

  • Ambrose Hawk
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 14, 2004
      Actually, most Christians I know do accept that certain mosques are
      sacred ground ....
      especially the Mecca / Medina set.
      A.

      --
      IN HOC MODO MILLIS FRANGITVR .
    • danw888
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 14, 2004
        --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, Ambrose Hawk <ahawk@c...>
        wrote:
        > Actually, most Christians I know do accept that certain mosques are
        > sacred ground ....
        > especially the Mecca / Medina set.
        > A.
        >
        > --
        > IN HOC MODO MILLIS FRANGITVR .

        But the question is why? Is there some sort of reciprosity between
        the major religions that doesn't extend to minor fire-worshipping,
        satanist, or hoo-doo sects? What is it that Christians see in
        Islamic mosques and especially in Mecca and the Kaaba that is
        sacred? And why is the sacred seen, if Islam is a false religion
        from the Christian point of view?

        Does this acknowledgement of the sacred-ground of Islam stop my plan
        to protect America from militant Muslim terrorists by telling them
        that if any suitcase A-bombs go off in the US we will retaliate by
        vaporizing Mecca?

        Dan
      • Mark Swaney
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 14, 2004
          Dan,

          Well, leaving aside the other questions for the moment, (I've got ideas on
          them too) it seems to me that innocent Muslims who heretofore may not have
          seen America & Christians as a threat will take umbrage at your suggestion
          that an attack on America means the destruction of Mecca. This would, it
          seems to me, only increase the distrust of America/Christians and further
          increase the threat of terrorism to all of us occupying this dirt in North
          America.

          Mecca is the holy city of all Muslims - whereas up to now we have believed
          that only a very small portion of the Muslim people are actually
          indiscriminate killers of the bin-Laden variety.

          Suppose that Muslims in possession of an atomic weapon threatened to
          vaporize the Vatican unless the US withdraws from Iraq. What would your
          response be then?

          Mark

          > Actually, most Christians I know do accept that certain mosques are
          > sacred ground ....
          > especially the Mecca / Medina set.
          > A.
          >
          > --
          > IN HOC MODO MILLIS FRANGITVR .

          But the question is why? Is there some sort of reciprosity between
          the major religions that doesn't extend to minor fire-worshipping,
          satanist, or hoo-doo sects? What is it that Christians see in
          Islamic mosques and especially in Mecca and the Kaaba that is
          sacred? And why is the sacred seen, if Islam is a false religion
          from the Christian point of view?

          Does this acknowledgement of the sacred-ground of Islam stop my plan
          to protect America from militant Muslim terrorists by telling them
          that if any suitcase A-bombs go off in the US we will retaliate by
          vaporizing Mecca?

          http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Alexandre
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 14, 2004
            Hi Mark and Dan,

            this thread make wondering to know why the two A bombs that were drop in
            Japan were in the only two city's Christian of that country ? maybe they
            were two secret sacred places !

            Alexandre
            > Well, leaving aside the other questions for the moment, (I've got ideas on
            > them too) it seems to me that innocent Muslims who heretofore may not have
            > seen America & Christians as a threat will take umbrage at your suggestion
            > that an attack on America means the destruction of Mecca. This would, it
            > seems to me, only increase the distrust of America/Christians and further
            > increase the threat of terrorism to all of us occupying this dirt in North
            > America.
            >
            > Mecca is the holy city of all Muslims - whereas up to now we have believed
            > that only a very small portion of the Muslim people are actually
            > indiscriminate killers of the bin-Laden variety.
            >
            > Suppose that Muslims in possession of an atomic weapon threatened to
            > vaporize the Vatican unless the US withdraws from Iraq. What would your
            > response be then?
            >
            > Mark

          • Ambrose Hawk
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 15, 2004
              First of all, the "holy places" of Satanist cults are not respected, as
              they are seen as foci of actual maliciousness and harm ... not of search
              for true Deity ... by all others.
              Secondarily, in the South and in much of Latin America, the sacred sites
              of Vou Doun and Santeria are quite often accepted as sacred by the
              general populace.
              Third, the A-bomb question reminded me of an idea that I'd always
              dismissed as McCarthyite paranoia ... a lot of folks in the 50's and
              60's believed that the communist sympathizers in the Roosevelt
              administration picked those targets precisely because they were
              concentrations of Catholics. Recent finds in Russia, however, have
              demonstrated that some of the key people around Roosevelt and Truman who
              made that decision really were Russian agents .... one wonders, aye, one
              wonders ....

              :)
              Ambrose

              --