Re: spiritual high quizz question

  • danw888
    Message 1 of 37 , Nov 5, 2004
      --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "thalprin"
      <thalprin@y...> wrote:

      > If sex and drugs were a true road to spiritual maturity then
      > rehabilitation centers would be filled with Masters. Truth is
      > outside influences (whether insidered or not) are just that. For
      > example, a daisy is a daisy is a daisy, grow it in a field, on a
      > rocky hill, in your garden or wild on the plains.
      >
      > Maturity, springs from within, and then in all probability
      interacts
      > maturely with its circumstance.

      Maybe for daisies the pattern is fixed but I believe that we humans
      are much more sensitie to what happens in our lives. Twin studies
      show that homosexuality, for example, is about 50% determined by
      heredity and 50% determined by environment. That shows a huge
      influence by life experience.

      The psychiatrist who wrote DMT: the Spirit Drug talks about the fact
      that he continually runs into people on the spiritual path who got
      their first glimpse of inner beauty by doing drugs. Generally they
      have given up drugs for some sort of spiritual discipline. I
      certainly don't recommend drugs, since taking them shows a complete
      disregard for how fragile the biochemistry of the brain really is (I
      used to work in a mental hospital and could tell you horror stories),
      but some of the states achieved can be a revelation of sacred bliss.

      As to sex, that Woman of Wisdom, Mae West, said, 'Sex with love is
      the greatest thing in the world, and sex without love ain't so bad
      either.' Married love can be the mirror of God and the greatest
      teacher on the planet.

      Hence it makes perfect sense to me that the city of Puri would honor
      sex and drugs as sacred vessels for love and bliss.

      Dan
    • Keith
      Message 37 of 37 , Nov 12, 2004
        Merlins bones in northern greece?
        Mouldering, perhaps, with a golden fleece?
        Tell us, more, Thaprin, tell us please!
        Give us a few more lines at least!