Re: Ancient Babylon ravaged by US troops

  • danw888
    Message 1 of 37 , Oct 30, 2004
      --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <Keith@i...> wrote:

      http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/23DAA5DE-7073-4F7A-9109-8C153B41A716.
      > htm
      >

      > Lets not forget the depleted uranium from two wars. The gift that
      keeps on
      > giving...
      >

      > 4 BILLION MORE YEARS! 4 BILLION MORE YEARS! 4 BILLION MORE YEARS!

      If you don't know why Kieth is wailing about 4 billion more years,
      it's because the us media has not reported much on depleted uranium,
      while it's been all over the foreign press. Here is the skinny:

      The US has millions of pounds of depeleted uranium left over from
      fueling nuclear reactors. It is stored in underground bunkers in the
      us, is still radioactive, and has a half life of 4.5 billion years.

      Being extremely dense it is very hard stuff. The military has used
      this cheap alternative to the titanium that they used to use to armour
      our tanks and military vehicles and to tip armour piercing munitions.

      Enemy shells bounce off our tanks while our shells zip through their
      vehicles like butter.

      Great solution except that the country we are trying to liberate is
      now littered with pieces of radioactive metal. As a lump this metal
      is not very dangerous, the alpha particles only reach a few inches
      out, however if it has been powdered into a dust form and inhaled it
      is deadly, being permanently lodged in the lungs, emitting poisonous
      particles into the body.

      There is suspicion that depleted uranium dust, which is formed when
      shells are fired into enemy vehicles, may be a cause of gulf war
      syndrome. 40 percent of gulf war 1 soldiers have filed disability
      claims, while only 9 percent of wwii combatants did. Depeleted
      uranium dust has been found in the lungs of some gulf war syndrome
      victims.

      Testing for depleted uranium in the lungs is very expensive, so we are
      not likely to know whether we have poisoned a great number of Iraqis
      and our own troops as well. It will all be shrouded in mystery.

      Meanwhile, our poorly planned invasion has caused massive looting of
      archaeological treasures and brought any new archaelogical work to a
      complete standstill, due to the risk from bandits and insurgents.

      At least they haven't blown up the tomb of Ali in Najaf, though I
      understand that buildings around it have been leveled by US bombing.

      For a long article on depleted uranium see a book called True Lies,
      available at bookstores everywhere.

      Dan

      Note to MsKitty: Could be that they did fire on the virgin in Puerto
      Rico but that is not the incident I have in mind; you are warm as to
      the region of the world, however. Anyone heard anything more about
      such military doings in Puerto Rico?

    • Keith
      Message 37 of 37 , Nov 12, 2004
        Merlins bones in northern greece?
        Mouldering, perhaps, with a golden fleece?
        Tell us, more, Thaprin, tell us please!
        Give us a few more lines at least!