Re: gematria, sacred geometry question

  • h_springer2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
      Theresa,

      you may want to look into grid harmonics and learn about Bruce
      Cathie's research into the grid system, harmonics, and the unified
      field. His website is http://www.worldgrid.net

      Unfortunately there is little information found on his site about
      his personal life or the books he has written on the subject.

      Do a search on www.Google.com for Bruce Cathie, & check
      www.amazon.com for his books, which are most interesting.

      By the way, anyone using his software program 'Gridpoints' please
      contact me, I would like to run a few tests on a theory I have.

      cheers,
      HS

      --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "Theresa Smart"
      <theresarsmart@h...> wrote:
      > Hope this isn't too far off-topic, but I have a question regarding
      the
      > deeper significances of the number 2793, from the standpoint of
      gematria and
      > sacred geometry. This number appeared to me in a dream about a
      year ago and
      > I have been trying to figure out its meaning since then with
      limited
      > success.
      >
      > In my own research I have found of course that 3 x 3 = 9 and 3 x 9
      = 27
      > (reading the number backwards), and that 3, 9, 27 is a geometric
      progression
      > (or 27, 9, 3), which is found in the "Drum of Shiva", the
      pulsating
      > instrument of creation. I do not have a deep understanding of this
      however
      > and that is what I am seeking.
      >
      > I would appreciate any ideas, advice on where to continue with
      this.

      > Theresa : )

      > Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use
      special
      > stationery, fonts and colors.
      > http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-
      ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Ma
      rket_MSNIS_Taglines
      > Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and
      get the
      > first two months FREE*.
    • wodric
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
        Hello Theresa,

        93, I beleive is a number used by Thelemites in greetings and
        salutations. It's connected to the '93 current', so that might be an
        avenue. I'd type '93 current' into a good search engine. As far as
        geometry, you might glean some esoteric clues by determining which
        polygon the number conforms to (triangular numbers, pentagonal
        numbers, etc., ala Pythagoras) and investigate the deeper
        significance of it. The digital root of 2793 is 21, of which the dr
        is 3.

        I don't know if any of that will help you, but I know how number and
        geometry can get under your skin until the least little thing
        shatters the veil.

        Alaf sig runa!
        Waldemar

        <theresarsmart@h...> wrote:
        > Hope this isn't too far off-topic, but I have a question regarding
        the
        > deeper significances of the number 2793, from the standpoint of
        gematria and
        > sacred geometry. This number appeared to me in a dream about a year
        ago and
        > I have been trying to figure out its meaning since then with
        limited
        > success.
        >
        > In my own research I have found of course that 3 x 3 = 9 and 3 x 9
        = 27
        > (reading the number backwards), and that 3, 9, 27 is a geometric
        progression
        > (or 27, 9, 3), which is found in the "Drum of Shiva", the pulsating
        > instrument of creation. I do not have a deep understanding of this
        however
        > and that is what I am seeking.
        >
        > I would appreciate any ideas, advice on where to continue with this.
        >
        > Theresa : )
      • john graham
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2004
          --- Theresa Smart <theresarsmart@...> wrote:
          > Hope this isn't too far off-topic, but I have a
          > question regarding the
          > deeper significances of the number 2793, from the
          > standpoint of gematria and
          > sacred geometry. This number appeared to me in a
          > dream about a year ago and
          > I have been trying to figure out its meaning since
          > then with limited
          > success.
          >
          > In my own research I have found of course that 3 x 3
          > = 9 and 3 x 9 = 27
          > (reading the number backwards), and that 3, 9, 27 is
          > a geometric progression
          > (or 27, 9, 3), which is found in the "Drum of
          > Shiva", the pulsating
          > instrument of creation. I do not have a deep
          > understanding of this however
          > and that is what I am seeking.
          >
          > I would appreciate any ideas, advice on where to
          > continue with this.
          >
          > Theresa : )

          > Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to
          > receive. Use special
          > stationery, fonts and colors.

          > Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium
          > right now and get the
          > first two months FREE*.
          >

          > Topics suitable for discussion in this e-list can be
          > found at:
          > http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html
          >
          > To UNsubscribe, send email to:
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Hello Theresa,
          This may be of some help.
          2793 is the sum of three consecutive powers of 7:-

          7 to the power of 4, i.e. 2401 plus
          7 to the power of 3, i.e. 343 plus
          7 to the power of 2, i.e. 49.

          Total 2793.

          I hope that this is at least of some interest.
          I cannot at the moment think of any directly
          geometrical significance to this number.
          If I do think of anything else I'll let you know.

          John.

        • Keith
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 12, 2004
            From the oto grand lodge faq

            What does "93" mean?
            The old Hebrew and Greek languages had no separate system of numerals;
            numbers were instead signified by the use of the letters of their respective
            alphabets, each of which had a specific numeric value assigned to it.
            Therefore, a numeric value can be derived from any word or phrase spelled in
            either Greek or Hebrew. The study of these numeric values and their meanings
            is termed "gematria". The Greek words Te??µa (Thelema — Will) and ??ap?
            (Agape — Love) both enumerate to the number 93. Therefore, the number 93
            serves as a concise, symbolic expression of the principles of Will (Do what
            thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law) and Love (Love is the law, love
            under will). Crowley recommended the use of these phrases as Thelemic
            salutations of greeting and departure; modern Thelemites frequently use "93"
            as a shorter and more casual equivalent.

            That explains it!

            <theresarsmart@h...> wrote:
            > Hope this isn't too far off-topic, but I have a question regarding
            the
            > deeper significances of the number 2793, from the standpoint of
            gematria and
            > sacred geometry. This number appeared to me in a dream about a year
            ago and
            > I have been trying to figure out its meaning since then with
            limited
            > success.
            >
            > In my own research I have found of course that 3 x 3 = 9 and 3 x 9
            = 27
            > (reading the number backwards), and that 3, 9, 27 is a geometric
            progression
            > (or 27, 9, 3), which is found in the "Drum of Shiva", the pulsating
            > instrument of creation. I do not have a deep understanding of this
            however
            > and that is what I am seeking.
            >
            > I would appreciate any ideas, advice on where to continue with this.
            >
            > Theresa : )

            http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • danw888
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 14, 2004
              93 is used as a short form of Thelemic salutation.

              Reminds me of the old joke. The warden is showing a visitor through
              the prison. In cell block 8 a prisoner calls out the number 25 and
              everone breaks into peals of laughter. Another prisoner calls out 62
              and again everyone roars. A third prisoner calls out 93, but there is
              dead silence. The visitor asks 'What in the world is going on here?
              The warden says, These guys have been here so long that they all know
              eacother's jokes, so for conveniece sake they have just given them
              numbers. The visitor asks, But why didn't anyone laugh at number 93.
              Oh, old Joe never could tell a joke.

              Let's give that joke the number 93.

              I never did understand Crowley's point with these admonitions.

              Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Sounds like you can
              be ruled by any idiot whim that takes your fancy. Doesn't this just
              lead to a form of Clinton mania, where you can't keep your pants
              zipped up?

              Love is the Law, love under will: Will under love I could understand
              but love under will?

              Will someone explain the spiritual meaning of Thelemic Law to me?

              Dan