gematria, sacred geometry question

  • Theresa Smart
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2004
      Hope this isn't too far off-topic, but I have a question regarding the
      deeper significances of the number 2793, from the standpoint of gematria and
      sacred geometry. This number appeared to me in a dream about a year ago and
      I have been trying to figure out its meaning since then with limited
      success.

      In my own research I have found of course that 3 x 3 = 9 and 3 x 9 = 27
      (reading the number backwards), and that 3, 9, 27 is a geometric progression
      (or 27, 9, 3), which is found in the "Drum of Shiva", the pulsating
      instrument of creation. I do not have a deep understanding of this however
      and that is what I am seeking.

      I would appreciate any ideas, advice on where to continue with this.

      Theresa : )

      Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
      stationery, fonts and colors.
      first two months FREE*.
    • h_springer2001
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
        Theresa,

        you may want to look into grid harmonics and learn about Bruce
        Cathie's research into the grid system, harmonics, and the unified
        field. His website is http://www.worldgrid.net

        Unfortunately there is little information found on his site about
        his personal life or the books he has written on the subject.

        Do a search on www.Google.com for Bruce Cathie, & check
        www.amazon.com for his books, which are most interesting.

        By the way, anyone using his software program 'Gridpoints' please
        contact me, I would like to run a few tests on a theory I have.

        cheers,
        HS

        --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "Theresa Smart"
        <theresarsmart@h...> wrote:
        > Hope this isn't too far off-topic, but I have a question regarding
        the
        > deeper significances of the number 2793, from the standpoint of
        gematria and
        > sacred geometry. This number appeared to me in a dream about a
        year ago and
        > I have been trying to figure out its meaning since then with
        limited
        > success.
        >
        > In my own research I have found of course that 3 x 3 = 9 and 3 x 9
        = 27
        > (reading the number backwards), and that 3, 9, 27 is a geometric
        progression
        > (or 27, 9, 3), which is found in the "Drum of Shiva", the
        pulsating
        > instrument of creation. I do not have a deep understanding of this
        however
        > and that is what I am seeking.
        >
        > I would appreciate any ideas, advice on where to continue with
        this.

        > Theresa : )

        > Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use
        special
        > stationery, fonts and colors.
        > http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-
        ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Ma
        rket_MSNIS_Taglines
        > Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and
        get the
        > first two months FREE*.
      • wodric
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
          Hello Theresa,

          93, I beleive is a number used by Thelemites in greetings and
          salutations. It's connected to the '93 current', so that might be an
          avenue. I'd type '93 current' into a good search engine. As far as
          geometry, you might glean some esoteric clues by determining which
          polygon the number conforms to (triangular numbers, pentagonal
          numbers, etc., ala Pythagoras) and investigate the deeper
          significance of it. The digital root of 2793 is 21, of which the dr
          is 3.

          I don't know if any of that will help you, but I know how number and
          geometry can get under your skin until the least little thing
          shatters the veil.

          Alaf sig runa!
          Waldemar

          <theresarsmart@h...> wrote:
          > Hope this isn't too far off-topic, but I have a question regarding
          the
          > deeper significances of the number 2793, from the standpoint of
          gematria and
          > sacred geometry. This number appeared to me in a dream about a year
          ago and
          > I have been trying to figure out its meaning since then with
          limited
          > success.
          >
          > In my own research I have found of course that 3 x 3 = 9 and 3 x 9
          = 27
          > (reading the number backwards), and that 3, 9, 27 is a geometric
          progression
          > (or 27, 9, 3), which is found in the "Drum of Shiva", the pulsating
          > instrument of creation. I do not have a deep understanding of this
          however
          > and that is what I am seeking.
          >
          > I would appreciate any ideas, advice on where to continue with this.
          >
          > Theresa : )
        • john graham
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2004
            --- Theresa Smart <theresarsmart@...> wrote:
            > Hope this isn't too far off-topic, but I have a
            > question regarding the
            > deeper significances of the number 2793, from the
            > standpoint of gematria and
            > sacred geometry. This number appeared to me in a
            > dream about a year ago and
            > I have been trying to figure out its meaning since
            > then with limited
            > success.
            >
            > In my own research I have found of course that 3 x 3
            > = 9 and 3 x 9 = 27
            > (reading the number backwards), and that 3, 9, 27 is
            > a geometric progression
            > (or 27, 9, 3), which is found in the "Drum of
            > Shiva", the pulsating
            > instrument of creation. I do not have a deep
            > understanding of this however
            > and that is what I am seeking.
            >
            > I would appreciate any ideas, advice on where to
            > continue with this.
            >
            > Theresa : )

            > Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to
            > receive. Use special
            > stationery, fonts and colors.

            > Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium
            > right now and get the
            > first two months FREE*.
            >

            > Topics suitable for discussion in this e-list can be
            > found at:
            > http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html
            >
            > To UNsubscribe, send email to:
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Hello Theresa,
            This may be of some help.
            2793 is the sum of three consecutive powers of 7:-

            7 to the power of 4, i.e. 2401 plus
            7 to the power of 3, i.e. 343 plus
            7 to the power of 2, i.e. 49.

            Total 2793.

            I hope that this is at least of some interest.
            I cannot at the moment think of any directly
            geometrical significance to this number.
            If I do think of anything else I'll let you know.

            John.

          • Keith
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 12, 2004
              From the oto grand lodge faq

              What does "93" mean?
              The old Hebrew and Greek languages had no separate system of numerals;
              numbers were instead signified by the use of the letters of their respective
              alphabets, each of which had a specific numeric value assigned to it.
              Therefore, a numeric value can be derived from any word or phrase spelled in
              either Greek or Hebrew. The study of these numeric values and their meanings
              is termed "gematria". The Greek words Te??µa (Thelema — Will) and ??ap?
              (Agape — Love) both enumerate to the number 93. Therefore, the number 93
              serves as a concise, symbolic expression of the principles of Will (Do what
              thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law) and Love (Love is the law, love
              under will). Crowley recommended the use of these phrases as Thelemic
              salutations of greeting and departure; modern Thelemites frequently use "93"
              as a shorter and more casual equivalent.

              That explains it!

              <theresarsmart@h...> wrote:
              > Hope this isn't too far off-topic, but I have a question regarding
              the
              > deeper significances of the number 2793, from the standpoint of
              gematria and
              > sacred geometry. This number appeared to me in a dream about a year
              ago and
              > I have been trying to figure out its meaning since then with
              limited
              > success.
              >
              > In my own research I have found of course that 3 x 3 = 9 and 3 x 9
              = 27
              > (reading the number backwards), and that 3, 9, 27 is a geometric
              progression
              > (or 27, 9, 3), which is found in the "Drum of Shiva", the pulsating
              > instrument of creation. I do not have a deep understanding of this
              however
              > and that is what I am seeking.
              >
              > I would appreciate any ideas, advice on where to continue with this.
              >
              > Theresa : )

              http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • danw888
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 14, 2004
                93 is used as a short form of Thelemic salutation.

                Reminds me of the old joke. The warden is showing a visitor through
                the prison. In cell block 8 a prisoner calls out the number 25 and
                everone breaks into peals of laughter. Another prisoner calls out 62
                and again everyone roars. A third prisoner calls out 93, but there is
                dead silence. The visitor asks 'What in the world is going on here?
                The warden says, These guys have been here so long that they all know
                eacother's jokes, so for conveniece sake they have just given them
                numbers. The visitor asks, But why didn't anyone laugh at number 93.
                Oh, old Joe never could tell a joke.

                Let's give that joke the number 93.

                I never did understand Crowley's point with these admonitions.

                Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Sounds like you can
                be ruled by any idiot whim that takes your fancy. Doesn't this just
                lead to a form of Clinton mania, where you can't keep your pants
                zipped up?

                Love is the Law, love under will: Will under love I could understand
                but love under will?

                Will someone explain the spiritual meaning of Thelemic Law to me?

                Dan