Novel: Rule of Four

  • danw888
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2004
      I recently bought a copy of the novel The Rule of Four for two
      reasons:

      1. I was hoping for another Dan Brown DaVinci Code good read.

      2. I wanted a pony to the Hypnerotomachia Polyphilii, a rennaisance
      Italian work that includes much esoteric lore on garden and monument
      design. I own a copy but have bogged down in trying to read it.

      So far I've read the first 3 chapters of the Rule of Four and the
      whole thing is deadly dull. Poor writing, characters I don't give a
      damn about, and no significant word on the H P.

      So if you are looking for novel full of esoteric illumination, I
      would recommend that you skip this one.

      By the way, if you thought it was me (Dan Washburn) recommending the
      Polytopia list, I gotta say that I don't know who the Dan was that
      wrote the note, but it wasn't me. I haven't had the time to look at
      the list, so can't tell you what I think about it. It may be a great
      list.