The Lost Continent of Mu

  • Lesley Stuart-Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2004
      In the late 1800s, author James Churchward, a Colonel in the British Army,
      wrote 5 books on Mu (not Lemuria).

      From this website: http://www.hiddenmysteries.com/item100/item191.html here
      is an excerpt from his second book "The Children of Mu":

      "The Children of Mu" by James Churchward

      The Land of Mu was a huge continent situated in the Pacific Ocean between
      America and Asia, its center lying somewhat south of the equator. Basing its
      area on the remains which are still above water, it would have been about
      six thousand miles from north to south. All the rocky islands, individually
      and in groups, scattered over the Pacific Ocean were once a part of the
      Continent of Mu.

      Cataclysmic earthquakes destroyed Mu about twelve thousand years ago. The
      Pacific Ocean rushed in, making a watery grave for a vast civilization and
      sixty million people. Easter Island, Tahiti, Samoas, Cook, Tongas, Marshall,
      Gilbert, Caroline, Marianas, Hawaii and the Marquesas are but the remnants
      of that great land, standing today as sentinels to a silent grave.

      The author spent fifty years piecing together the story of the lost
      civilization of Mu.

      In this, his second book, Churchward tells the story of the colonial
      expansion of Mu and the influence of the highly developed Mu culture on the
      rest of the world.

      Earthquakes destroyed Mu about twelve thousand years ago, leaving only
      remnants of that great land such as Hawaii and Tahiti. Here Churchward tells
      of the colonial expansion of Mu and the influence of the highly developed Mu
      culture on the rest of the world.

      Excerpt: Page 149, Chapter IX

      EGYPT

      It is not my intention of write a history of Egypt. Many histories of Egypt
      have already been written, enough to fill a library by themselves. My sole
      object in this work is: First, to show by records, not theories, who the
      original Egyptians were. Second, to show that the original settlers in Egypt
      were the children of Mu and came directly from Mu, the Motherland, to Egypt.
      This will unravel the apparent mystery encountered by ethnologists as to the
      origin of the Egyptians and show the reason why, from the beginning of the
      Egyptian history, the Egyptians have been found to have been a highly
      civilized, cultured people.

      Many Egyptologists find enigmas concerning the two Egyptian religious cults.
      These apparent enigmas are brushed aside when it is known in what way Egypt
      was first peopled and by whom. Egyptologists have gone far astray in their
      many theories and deductions on many points simply because they have not
      understood the symbology of the ancients and their symbolical writings, nor
      could they comprehend the esoteric meanings of these writings. For this they
      cannot be blamed, for no key has been found and no school existed where they
      could be learned. These secrets, for many hundreds of years at least, have
      been known only to a very few old, Oriental sages. And these old sages spend
      their lives in their temples and monasteries, seldom coming in contact with
      the outer world. When they have done so, the information given by them is so
      unorthodox to present theories that the recipients have looked upon it as a
      pack of nonsense.

      <--end-->

      I notice that "The Lost Continent of Mu" is available here:

      http://www.atlantisrising.com/merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ar
      &Product_Code=bk26&Category_Code=bk

      "Churchward's story of how he followed the trail of the Motherland and
      pieced together the picture of a civilization guided by religious
      principles, whose influence is still felt throughout the world."

      I own, and have read, all five books. Very thought-provoking reading,
      indeed.

      Cheers, Lesley

      From: "danw888" <danw@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:52:09 -0000
      From: "danw888" <danw@...>
      Subject: Re: Yonaguni

      > I do not know why but they are calling it the "Temple of Mu". I
      have not
      > read what Mu means so if anyone knows or finds it, could you follow
      this
      > post up?
      >
      > -Chris

      Hi, Chris:

      Here is some good info on Lemuria/Mu.

      Dan

      A Short History of Lemuria

      The legend of Mu is found on islands all over the Pacific Ocean. For
      thousands of years the Polynesians have handed down the story of a
      continent in the Pacific that was motherland of mankind.

      The name of Mu somehow sounds like an uninteresting contraction of a
      more exotic name. In contrast, the word Lemuria invokes a picture of
      a land at the dawn of time, a land forgotten in our histories but not
      in our dreams.

      The name Lemuria resulted from a Nineteenth Century controversy over
      Darwin's Origin of the Species. Defenders of Darwin had trouble
      explaining how certain species became distributed over large areas.
      Zoologists had a particularly difficult time explaining the
      distribution of the lemurs. The lemur is a small primitive form of
      primate found in Africa, Madagascar, India, and the East Indian
      archipelago. Some zoologists suggested a land mass in the Indian
      Ocean, between Madagascar and India, millions of years ago. An
      English zoologist, Phillip L. Schlater, proposed the name Lemuria
      (LEMURia) for this former land of the LEMURS in the Indian Ocean.

      Earnst Heinrich Haeckel (1834-1919), a German naturalist and champion
      of Darwin, used Lemuria to explain the absence of fossil remains of
      early man: If man originated on a sunken continent in the Indian
      Ocean, all the fossils of the missing link are now under the sea. To
      quote Haeckel: "Schlater has given this continent the name of
      Lemuria, from the semi-apes which were characteristic of it."

      Zoologists have now explained the distribution of lemurs without
      resorting to the use of a land bridge. And anthropologists have
      discovered many bones of ancient man in Africa. However in the
      nineteenth century, Haeckel's theories were widely read and
      respected. As a result, the name Lemuria was well known among
      educated people in Europe and America.

      Madame Elena Petrovna Blavatsky (born Helena Hahn 1831-1891), the
      founder of Theosophy, in her book The Secret Doctrine (1888), claimed
      to have learned of Lemuria in The Book of Dzyan, which she said was
      composed in Atlantis and shown to her by the Mahatmas. However, in
      her writings she did give Philip Schlater the honor of inventing the
      name, Lemuria.

      Mme Blasvatsky located her Lemuria in the Indian Ocean about 150
      million years ago. She may have obtained her ideas of a sunken land
      in the Indian Ocean from Sanskrit legends of the former continent of
      Rutas that sank beneath the sea. But the name Rutas sounds too
      spiritless and uninspiring to have held such a prominent place in
      cosmic history.

      She described the Lemurians as the third root race to inhabit the
      earth. They were egg-laying beings with a third eye that gave them
      psychic powers and allowed them to function without a brain.
      Originally bisexual, their downfall came about after they discovered
      sex.

      The English Theosophist W. Scott-Elliot, who said he received his
      knowledge from the Theosophical Masters by "astral clairvoyance",
      writes in The Story of Atlantis & The Lost Lemuria (1896), that the
      sexual exploits of the Lemurians so revolted the spiritual beings,
      the Lhas, that they refused to follow the cosmic plan of becoming the
      first to incarnate into the bodies of the Lemurians. Scott-Elliot
      located his Lemuria not only in the Indian Ocean: He described it as
      stretching from the east coast of Africa across the Indian AND the
      Pacific Oceans.

      In this century, writers have increasingly placed Lemuria in the
      Pacific Ocean. Even psychics and modern prophets channel beings who
      were citizens of Lemuria. Today just about everyone who has heard of
      Lemuria assumes that the legends of Mu are identical with the English
      zoologist's land of the lemurs.

      After all, isn't Mu just a shortened form of leMUria?

      Le-mur-i-a n. [ Mod. L. so called from Haeckel's idea that it was
      the original home of lemuroid primates ], a hypothetical continent
      thought by some to have existed long ago, now supposedly covered by
      the Indian Ocean.

      From Webster's New World Dictionary,
      The World Publishing Company, Cleveland and New York.

      For more information read:
      Mysterious Places by Daniel Dodd, Mead & Company, New York
      Lost Continents by L. Sprague de Camp, Random House, New York
      The Secret Doctrine by Elena Petrovna Blavatsky,
      Theosphical Pub. House, 1888 - 1938, 6 vols.

      A Short History of Lemuria
      © Larry Williamson 1997
      Feel free to distribute this article or any part of it, in any manner,
      under the condition that it is not to be sold and this copyright
      notice is included

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/