re: Yonaguni

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2 2:04 PM
      A while ago I posted about an underwater "temple" found off the coast of
      Yonaguni island, one of many small islands of Okinawa, Japan. At the time I
      only found a few odd pictures here and there. I have found a good one for
      you to view, however:

      http://www.templeofmu.com/tour01.html

      Barry, for some reason, I thought you might like this.

      This is a tour with many pictures and even a short (30 second) video clip.
      I do not know why but they are calling it the "Temple of Mu". I have not
      read what Mu means so if anyone knows or finds it, could you follow this
      post up?

      -Chris
    • Keith
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2 2:18 PM
        i think MU is shorthand for Lemuria, but they shoulda called it pacifica or
        pacifis or something more semantically symmetrical with Atlantis.

        A while ago I posted about an underwater "temple" found off the coast of
        Yonaguni island, one of many small islands of Okinawa, Japan. At the time I
        only found a few odd pictures here and there. I have found a good one for
        you to view, however:

        http://www.templeofmu.com/tour01.html

        Barry, for some reason, I thought you might like this.

        This is a tour with many pictures and even a short (30 second) video clip.
        I do not know why but they are calling it the "Temple of Mu". I have not
        read what Mu means so if anyone knows or finds it, could you follow this
        post up?

        http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • danw888
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3 2:52 PM
          > I do not know why but they are calling it the "Temple of Mu". I
          have not
          > read what Mu means so if anyone knows or finds it, could you follow
          this
          > post up?
          >
          > -Chris

          Hi, Chris:

          Here is some good info on Lemuria/Mu.

          Dan

          A Short History of Lemuria

          The legend of Mu is found on islands all over the Pacific Ocean. For
          thousands of years the Polynesians have handed down the story of a
          continent in the Pacific that was motherland of mankind.

          The name of Mu somehow sounds like an uninteresting contraction of a
          more exotic name. In contrast, the word Lemuria invokes a picture of
          a land at the dawn of time, a land forgotten in our histories but not
          in our dreams.

          The name Lemuria resulted from a Nineteenth Century controversy over
          Darwin's Origin of the Species. Defenders of Darwin had trouble
          explaining how certain species became distributed over large areas.
          Zoologists had a particularly difficult time explaining the
          distribution of the lemurs. The lemur is a small primitive form of
          primate found in Africa, Madagascar, India, and the East Indian
          archipelago. Some zoologists suggested a land mass in the Indian
          Ocean, between Madagascar and India, millions of years ago. An
          English zoologist, Phillip L. Schlater, proposed the name Lemuria
          (LEMURia) for this former land of the LEMURS in the Indian Ocean.

          Earnst Heinrich Haeckel (1834-1919), a German naturalist and champion
          of Darwin, used Lemuria to explain the absence of fossil remains of
          early man: If man originated on a sunken continent in the Indian
          Ocean, all the fossils of the missing link are now under the sea. To
          quote Haeckel: "Schlater has given this continent the name of
          Lemuria, from the semi-apes which were characteristic of it."

          Zoologists have now explained the distribution of lemurs without
          resorting to the use of a land bridge. And anthropologists have
          discovered many bones of ancient man in Africa. However in the
          nineteenth century, Haeckel's theories were widely read and
          respected. As a result, the name Lemuria was well known among
          educated people in Europe and America.

          Madame Elena Petrovna Blavatsky (born Helena Hahn 1831-1891), the
          founder of Theosophy, in her book The Secret Doctrine (1888), claimed
          to have learned of Lemuria in The Book of Dzyan, which she said was
          composed in Atlantis and shown to her by the Mahatmas. However, in
          her writings she did give Philip Schlater the honor of inventing the
          name, Lemuria.

          Mme Blasvatsky located her Lemuria in the Indian Ocean about 150
          million years ago. She may have obtained her ideas of a sunken land
          in the Indian Ocean from Sanskrit legends of the former continent of
          Rutas that sank beneath the sea. But the name Rutas sounds too
          spiritless and uninspiring to have held such a prominent place in
          cosmic history.

          She described the Lemurians as the third root race to inhabit the
          earth. They were egg-laying beings with a third eye that gave them
          psychic powers and allowed them to function without a brain.
          Originally bisexual, their downfall came about after they discovered
          sex.

          The English Theosophist W. Scott-Elliot, who said he received his
          knowledge from the Theosophical Masters by "astral clairvoyance",
          writes in The Story of Atlantis & The Lost Lemuria (1896), that the
          sexual exploits of the Lemurians so revolted the spiritual beings,
          the Lhas, that they refused to follow the cosmic plan of becoming the
          first to incarnate into the bodies of the Lemurians. Scott-Elliot
          located his Lemuria not only in the Indian Ocean: He described it as
          stretching from the east coast of Africa across the Indian AND the
          Pacific Oceans.

          In this century, writers have increasingly placed Lemuria in the
          Pacific Ocean. Even psychics and modern prophets channel beings who
          were citizens of Lemuria. Today just about everyone who has heard of
          Lemuria assumes that the legends of Mu are identical with the English
          zoologist's land of the lemurs.

          After all, isn't Mu just a shortened form of leMUria?

          Le-mur-i-a n. [ Mod. L. so called from Haeckel's idea that it was
          the original home of lemuroid primates ], a hypothetical continent
          thought by some to have existed long ago, now supposedly covered by
          the Indian Ocean.

          From Webster's New World Dictionary,
          The World Publishing Company, Cleveland and New York.

          For more information read:
          Mysterious Places by Daniel Dodd, Mead & Company, New York
          Lost Continents by L. Sprague de Camp, Random House, New York
          The Secret Doctrine by Elena Petrovna Blavatsky,
          Theosphical Pub. House, 1888 - 1938, 6 vols.

          A Short History of Lemuria
          © Larry Williamson 1997
          Feel free to distribute this article or any part of it, in any manner,
          under the condition that it is not to be sold and this copyright
          notice is included