re: magic squares

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 24, 2004
      If anyone would like a transcript of four entries on magic squares from the
      "Encyclopaedia of the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine in
      Non-Western Cultures" (1997, Ed. Helaine Selin), I can send you a copy. It
      includes these entries:

      MAGIC SQUARES IN CHINESE MATHEMATICS

      MAGIC SQUARES IN INDIAN MATHEMATICS

      MAGIC SQUARES IN ISLAMIC MATHEMATICS

      MAGIC SQUARES IN JAPANESE MATHEMATICS

      Not sure if this is old hand to you guys studying the topic but thought I
      would mention it.

      -Chris
    • Mark Swaney
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 26, 2004
        Chris,

        Thanks for those references, I will get them from Interlibrary Loan.

        Mark

        If anyone would like a transcript of four entries on magic squares from the
        "Encyclopaedia of the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine in
        Non-Western Cultures" (1997, Ed. Helaine Selin), I can send you a copy. It
        includes these entries:

        MAGIC SQUARES IN CHINESE MATHEMATICS

        MAGIC SQUARES IN INDIAN MATHEMATICS

        MAGIC SQUARES IN ISLAMIC MATHEMATICS

        MAGIC SQUARES IN JAPANESE MATHEMATICS

        Not sure if this is old hand to you guys studying the topic but thought I
        would mention it.

        http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Kybalion
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 26, 2004
          Hi Chris,
          I would appreciate a copy of the information on magical squares. Thank You
          Kybalion

          Kybalion@...
          > Thanks for those references, I will get them from Interlibrary Loan.
          >
          > Mark

        • Baraka Dabo
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 27, 2004
            I certainly am interested and I am eager to read what
            you have.

            Awaiting...

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 27, 2004
              I wuold also like a copy of the transcript.  Thanks.

              V.

              sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com wrote:

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • danw888
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 29, 2004
                When requesting something like transcripts on magic squares, please
                write off-list to the one who is offering, otherwise it just clogs up
                the list with messages that no one is interested in.

                Thanks,

                Dan (Moderator)
              • Muriel Kalfon
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 30, 2004

                  Chris <groups@...> wrote:
                  If anyone would like a transcript of four entries on magic squares from the
                  "Encyclopaedia of the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine in
                  Non-Western Cultures" (1997, Ed. Helaine Selin), I can send you a copy. It
                  includes these entries:

                  MAGIC SQUARES IN CHINESE MATHEMATICS

                  MAGIC SQUARES IN INDIAN MATHEMATICS

                  MAGIC SQUARES IN ISLAMIC MATHEMATICS

                  MAGIC SQUARES IN JAPANESE MATHEMATICS

                  Not sure if this is old hand to you guys studying the topic but thought I
                  would mention it.

                  http://www.luckymojo.com/sacredland.html

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  To visit your group on the web, go to:

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  yes if possible i would like a copy  this is all very new to me im not sure if i understand it all  yet at the same time finding it very interresting    muriel

                  BT Yahoo! Broadband - Free modem offer, sign up online today and save £80