RE: [sl] Re: magic square=chessboard?

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 31, 2003
      So what you are saying is that the new version of the horoscope or
      soul of the world is inacurate according to the 72 names of god which
      solomon developed? and that they should be assigned as quarinaries
      and not decans? I still don't understand how the three rays come from
      that then? Also any ideas of how the seven planets might figure into
      the equation of it all? if indeed they are ratios of some type?

      i am saying its old, and its two names per decan. maybe its "one by day, one
      by night" or maybe its half of the decan to one, half to the other.

      as for the cosmology given by the author of the key of solomon, i know,
      roughly, "jack-doodley-squat" about that. no idea, never seen it. the
      numbers look familiar, which is why i suggested the rays might correpond to
      decans...i dunno, man: you tell me.

      the planets in my tarot deck follow the "chaldean order", given so well in a
      long post about the decans by nagasiva inna post on oct 8 (octave?!). as i
      said, they form a pentagram around the wheel (7x5), the exception being mars
      appearing 6 times (shoulda been the sun, no?): doubled up on the last dec.
      pisces and the first of aires.

      if you start the pentagram, then, on the 10 of cups, itll be mars over 4x
      suns, the sun over 4 venii (?), etc. however, if you start on the two of
      wands, all five points of the star point to the same planet. you can go
      around the circle until you get to 20-20 degree pisces, at which point it
      becomes the "counterchanged" one at top, four below thingie described above.
    • Martin
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
        --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <Keith@i...>
        wrote:

        > So what you are saying is that the new version of the horoscope or
        > soul of the world is inacurate according to the 72 names of god
        which
        > solomon developed? and that they should be assigned as quarinaries
        > and not decans? I still don't understand how the three rays come
        from
        > that then? Also any ideas of how the seven planets might figure into
        > the equation of it all? if indeed they are ratios of some type?
        >

        > i am saying its old, and its two names per decan. maybe its "one by
        day, one
        > by night" or maybe its half of the decan to one, half to the other.
        >
        > as for the cosmology given by the author of the key of solomon, i
        know,
        > roughly, "jack-doodley-squat" about that. no idea, never seen it.
        the
        > numbers look familiar, which is why i suggested the rays might
        correpond to
        > decans...i dunno, man: you tell me.
        >
        > the planets in my tarot deck follow the "chaldean order", given so
        well in a
        > long post about the decans by nagasiva inna post on oct 8
        (octave?!). as i
        > said, they form a pentagram around the wheel (7x5), the exception
        being mars
        > appearing 6 times (shoulda been the sun, no?): doubled up on the
        last dec.
        > pisces and the first of aires.
        >
        > if you start the pentagram, then, on the 10 of cups, itll be mars
        over 4x
        > suns, the sun over 4 venii (?), etc. however, if you start on the
        two of
        > wands, all five points of the star point to the same planet. you
        can go
        > around the circle until you get to 20-20 degree pisces, at which
        point it
        > becomes the "counterchanged" one at top, four below thingie
        described above.

        Hey Keith,

        Thanks for your post, it's all good stuff!
        Since you gave me the tertragram of addition im am slowly peiceing
        things together, i think lol! ok I found a text on an old egyptian
        papyrus where it states that " the first seven, the other 12 gives
        you 19 or 7+12=19 where 1+9=1 (the unity) "

        I think this refers to the 12 signs of the zodiac and/or the elements
        which i now believe come from the 12 banners of tetragrammaton as
        given by you, where you have the twelve permutations of 4 numbers.
        and the other seven relating directly to the planets but more
        importantly relating to the tetractys of mulitplication which has
        seven points.
        This seems to be confirmed by a passage i read the other day where
        Pythagoras says" the tetractys based on mulitplication of odd and
        even no's united in unity, the sum of which is 27. This together with
        the teractys of addition (1+2+3+4=10) symbolizes the musical,
        geometric and arithmetic ratios upon which this universe is based"

        Might we be getting somewhere? Ok so we have the tetractys of
        addition making the 12 signs and or elements which when you permutate
        them look like this:

        1234:
        1=1
        12=3
        123=6
        1234=10

        1243:
        1=1
        12=3
        124=7
        1243=10

        1342:
        1=1
        13=4
        134=8
        1342=10

        2341:
        2=2
        23=5
        234=9
        2341=10

        This would be the first 4 etc etc when you do all of them giving you
        the twelve banners or signs. Now if you look at a banner and remove
        the arbitrary addition you see:

        1234:
        1=1 (where 2 is 1 more than 1)
        2=3 (where 3 is one more than 2)
        3=6 (where 6 is 3 more than 3)
        4=10 (where 10 is 6 more than 4)

        The first being equal to the second by the first procession of number
        as the second being equal the the third by the second procession of
        number as described by agrippa. These ratios seem to form a mirror of
        themselves totaling 8. Maybe its from these that you get the 72 names
        of god? or the three rays looking at it from a mathematical viewpoint!
        Im not sure ......any ideas Keith?
        One thing is for sure if you handle the tetractys of multiplication
        in the same fashion as that of addition and permutate them as above
        you will get a total of 24.....perhaps thrones of wisdom? and from
        them perhaps the three rays?
        I would like to hear what you think!

        Kindest regards ,
        Martin.
      • Martin
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 14, 2003
          hello all,

          If you feel you might be able to contribute check out
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/letssolvethemagicsquare