Re: Sanjusangen-do

  • danw888
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2003
      Fabulous Temple, Chris!

      Interesting that you are encountering Kannon, Mother of Mercy, while
      I am researching the virgin mary, also a Mother of Mercy.

      Padre Pio used to tell this joke: Jesus and St Peter are walking in
      the streets of heaven. They see some tough guys loitering about and
      Jesus asks, these unsavory characters shouldn't be here, should
      they? How did they get in? Hey don't blame me, St Peter replies,
      every time my back is turned your mother opens the gates wide and
      lets everyone in.

      Dan

      --- In sacredlandscapelist@yahoogroups.com, CG <cg_net@m...> wrote:
      > Here is a page I put together about one temple I visited while in
      Kyoto: