[sacredlandscapelist] moon flap text reference

  • Barry Carroll
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 1999
      My desktop reference, The Columbia Encyclopedia,
      says the following about the rotation of the moon on its axis:

      "...Because the moon makes one rotation on its axis
      in the same length of time required for one revolution
      around the earth , it turns toward the earth almost the exact same
      hemisphere always."

      "...(because of various complex small motions) 59 per cent is visible from
      earth in any one month.
      41 per cent is never visible."

      I hope this citation is clear enough to set this recent controversy to rest.

      If not, as list manager, i can provide access to an additional off-list
      space for the discussion to continue.

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/sacredlandscapelist