Re: [sl] Measurement Units for SL List / a NEW sacredlandscape in the works

  • David Moellendorf
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2002
      Hi Catherine,
      It's been a long time since we've written to each other. I put up
      the web address for a site we are building that I believe is relevant
      to the question of sacredlandscapes. The address is
      www.evidenNOSPAMceofhome.com. I'd appreciate it if you would
      post this address, with the spelling correction, to the list.
      Everytime I post it to the list, a local hacker destroys the email
      and it is not getting posted. I can now understand why some
      hackers in white hats will deliberately organize their fellow
      hackers to take down an entire network and keep it down until
      the ISP cracker(ARIN) is flushed out and the ISP is brought back
      to normal performance. The site we are putting up may well become
      a virtual sacredlandscape as we add more pages to it. Let me know
      how you like it, and feedback from anyone would be appreciated.
      Good to hear from you again.
      ~a fellow traveler,
      David~

      > HANDY ENGINEERING CONVERSIONS FOR SACRED LANDSCAPE LIST MEMBERS
      >
      > 1. Ratio of an igloo's circumference to its diameter? = Eskimo Pi
      >
      > 2. 2000 pounds of Chinese soup? = Won ton
      >
      > 3. 1 millionth of a mouthwash? = 1 microscope
      >
      > 4. Time between slipping on a peel and smacking the pavement? = 1
      > bananosecond
      >
      > 5. Weight an evangelist carries with God? = 1 billigram
      >
      > 6. Time it takes to sail 220 yards at 1 nautical mile per hour? = Knot
      > furlong
      >
      > 7. 16.5 feet in the Twilight Zone? = 1 Rod Serling
      >
      > 8. Half of a large intestine? = 1 semicolon
      >
      > 9. 1,000,000 aches? = 1 megahurtz
      >
      > 10. Basic unit of laryngitis? = 1 hoarsepower
      >
      > 11. Shortest distance between two jokes? = A straight line
      >
      > 12. 453.6 graham crackers? = 1 pound cake
      >
      > 13. 1 million-million microphones? = 1 megaphone
      >
      > 14. 1 million bicycles? = 2 megacycles
      >
      > 15. 365.25 days? = 1 unicycle
      >
      > 16. 2000 mockingbirds? = 2 kilomockingbirds
      >
      > 17. 10 cards? = 1 decacards
      >
      > 18. 1 kilogram of falling figs? = 1 Fig Newton
      >
      > 19. 1000 milliliters of wet socks? = 1 literhosen
      >
      > 20. 1 millionth of a fish? = 1 microfiche
      >
      > 21. 1 trillion pins? = 1 terrapin
      >
      > 22. 10 rations? = 1 decoration
      >
      > 23. 100 rations? = 1 C-ration..
      >
      > 24. 2 monograms? = 1 diagram
      >
      > 25. 8 nickels? = 2 paradigms
      >
      > 26. 2.4 statute miles of intravenous surgical tubing at Yale
      University

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      CoreComm Webmail.